Colonel David K. Garon
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
LIEUTENANT COLONEL DAVID K. GARON
Lt Col. David K. Garon is Commander, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 620 headquartered at Bowling Green State University. The Detachment trains and develops cadets to commission as Air Force officers who are ready to lead Airmen and meet our Nation’s security challenges. The Detachment trains cadets from Bowling Green State University, University of Toledo, Ohio Northern University, University of Findlay, Heidelberg University, Tiffin University, and Lourdes University.
Lieutenant Colonel Garon received his commission from the United States Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps in December 1999. He has served as a KC-135R evaluator pilot and C-130E/H instructor pilot. Lieutenant Colonel Garon has operational experience in Europe, the Pacific and the Middle East as well as 11 combat tours in Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM and NEW DAWN, and INHERENT RESOLVE. He has served as an action officer on the 18th Air Force battle staff during Operations TOMODACHI and ODYSSEY DAWN, the 50th Airlift Squadron Director of Operations, and as an Air Force Fellow in the Air Force Joint Mobility Fellowship Program. Most recently, Lt Col. Garon served as the Commander of the 912th Air Refueling Squadron at March Reserve Base, California.
1999 Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics, Embry-Riddle University, Daytona FL
2007 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Master of Arts in International Relations, University of Oklahoma
2010 Air Command Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala. by correspondence
2013 Air Force Fellow, Air Force Joint Mobility Fellowship Program, Scott AFB, Ill.
2016 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. February 2000 – October 2000, Assistant Scheduling Officer, 69th Fighter Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
2. October 2000 – April 2002, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus AFB, Miss.
3. April 2002 – January 2007, KC-135R Pilot, Standardization and Evaluation Officer, Chief Executive Officer, 344th Air Refueling Squadron, McConnell AFB, Kan.
4. January 2007 – August 2007, Mission Development Officer and KC-135R Instructor Pilot, 100th Operational Support Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, England
5. August 2007 – January 2008, Training Officer and KC-135R Instructor Pilot, 351st Air Refueling Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, England
6. January 2008 – September 2008, Executive Officer and KC-135R Evaluator Pilot, 100th Operations Group, RAF Mildenhall, England
7. September 2008 – June 2009, Combined Command Post Chief and KC-135R Evaluator Pilot, 100th Air Refueling Wing, RAF Mildenhall, England
8. June 2009 – January 2010, Student, C-130 Pilot Training, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
9. January 2010 – July 2012, Assistant Director of Operations, Chief Pilot, and C-130E/H Instructor Pilot, 50th Airlift Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
10. July 2012 – July 2013, Air Force Joint Mobility Fellow, Scott AFB, Ill.
11. July 2013 – November 2014, Chief of Officer & Civilian Force Development, AMC/A1, Scott AFB, Ill
12. November 2014 – June 2016, Director of Operations, 912th Air Refueling Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
13. June 2016 – June 2018, Commander, 912th Air Refueling Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
14. June 2018 to present, Commander and Department Chair, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 620, Bowling Green State University, Ohio
Rating: Senior Pilot
Flight Hours: More than 4,000 hours
Aircraft Flown: T-37, T-1, KC-135R, KC-135R/T, C-130E, C-130H
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with thirteen oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Dec. 1999
First Lieutenant Jan. 2002
Captain Jan. 2004
Major Oct. 2009
Lieutenant Colonel March 2015
(Current as of July 2018)