The Robert and Ellen Thompson Scholarship Program for Working Families
Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program
The Robert and Ellen Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program application is available to incoming transfer students who plan to start at Bowling Green State University in Fall 2019. The Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program is designed to assist students from working families who may struggle with the cost of higher education. This scholarship was established by Ellen and Robert Thompson to assist students who might otherwise not be able to attend and finish college solely because of economic reasons. The scholarship award typically closes the gap left for students after federal, state, and institutional aid is awarded. Students must be admitted, complete the scholarship application in the Searchable Scholarship Guide by logging into MyBGSU > Financials > Scholarship Opportunities and submit their FAFSA to BGSU by June 1, 2019.
To be considered for the Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program:
- Must be admitted to BGSU for Fall 2019 and complete the FAFSA by June 1, 2019.
- Complete the scholarship application by June 1, 2019.
- Students must have completed a minimum of 30 credit hours of transfer coursework with a college GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Preference given to active duty military or veterans as well as Falcon Express students.
- This scholarship opportunity is open to any transfer student new to BGSU entering Fall 2019. (Students transitioning to Main Campus from BGSU Firelands are not eligible.)
- Must meet all Thompson Foundation financial and program requirements as described in agreement.
The Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program may be renewed. To maintain the scholarship:
- Be in good academic standing
- Make academic progress (30 credit hours per year)
- Maintain a 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Complete the FAFSA every year of enrollment to verify continuing financial need
- Be continuously enrolled at BGSU
- Complete 10 hours of verifiable community service per semester
- Additional requirements will be provided to scholarship recipients