Falcon Express Dual Admission
Attend two institutions, earn two degrees and save!
The Falcon Express Dual Admission Program, in partnership with Owens Community College, provides every student the opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree. Once you enroll in this program, you will attend Owens for the general education coursework needed to complete an associate degree.
Once you complete a semester at Owens and earn a 2.0 cumulative GPA, you will have guaranteed admission to BGSU and will have the opportunity experience the many benefits of a BGSU education.
Falcon Express Dual Admission Program FAQs
Falcon Express provides eligible students the ability to:
- Apply to BGSU without an application fee
- Track how credits earned at Owens fulfill Owens & BGSU degree requirements through their Ozone and MyBGSU accounts
- Lock in BGSU degree plan requirements based on their Falcon Express admission term
- Students must transfer to BGSU within 3 years of being admitted through Falcon Express to lock in BGSU degree requirements
- Participate in workshops and other academic events hosted at Owens and BGSU
- Connect with a BGSU transfer advisor on the Owens campus to plan their successful transfer to BGSU
Current Owens students who are planning to complete a bachelor's degree at BGSU are encouraged to participate in this program.
The following students are not eligible for the program:
- Former BGSU students (see BGSU readmission information)
- Current BGSU students taking classes at Owens to transfer back to BGSU, or any other transient students
- Students taking classes at Owens before graduating from high school or equivalent (see freshmen admission information)
- International students (see international admission information)
Students enrolled at any other college or university who are interested in transferring to BGSU should view transfer admission information.
To apply for the Falcon Express Dual Admission Program, you must:
- Be a current Owens student who is enrolled in or has earned 12 or more college-level semester hours after high school graduation (or equivalent)
- Express your interest in the program through Owens Community College
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative college GPA based on all college-level coursework taken at all institutions
- High school GPA requirements apply for students with fewer than 24 college-level semester hours
New or current Owens students must first express their interest in the program through Owens Community College.
New Owens students
- Select Falcon Express on your Owens application for admission
- Falcon Express application instructions will be sent to your Owens email account after your Owens enrollment is verified (about one month after the start of your first academic term)
Current Owens students
- Complete the Falcon Express Dual Admission Program interest form found on your Ozone account
- Sign, date, and return the completed form to Oserve in one of the ways listed on the form
- Falcon Express application instructions will be sent to your Owens email account after your Owens enrollment is verified (about one month after the completed interest form is submitted)
An admission decision will be made at the end of the semester in which you apply to the program after all materials from Owens (and previous institutions if applicable) are received.
If admitted, Falcon Express students must transfer to BGSU within three years of being admitted through the Falcon Express Dual Admission Program.
Students should consult with their Owens Advisor and the BGSU Transfer Advisor each semester before transferring to BGSU to receive academic advising and course planning assistance.
Dual admission simply allows easy exchange of information between Owens and BGSU to help students see how their completed Owens coursework fulfills BGSU degree requirements. While students are admitted to both Owens and BGSU, this is not a dual enrollment program.