BGSU Transfer Program
Attend two institutions, earn two degrees and save!
The BGSU Transfer Program, in partnership with Cuyahoga Community College & Owens Community College, provides every student the opportunity to complete a baccalaureate degree. Once you enroll in this program, you will attend your community college for the general education coursework needed to complete an associate degree.
Once you complete at least one semester at your community college (Owens or Tri-C) and earn a 2.0 cumulative GPA, you will have guaranteed admission to BGSU and will have the opportunity experience the many benefits of a BGSU education.
BGSU Transfer Program FAQs
The BGSU Transfer Program provides eligible students the ability to:
- Apply to BGSU without an application fee
- Track how credits earned at their community college fulfill degree requirements at BGSU through their MyBGSU account
- Lock in BGSU degree plan requirements based on their BGSU Transfer Program admission term
- Students must transfer to BGSU within 3 years of being admitted through the BGSU Transfer Program to lock in BGSU degree requirements
- Participate in workshops and other academic events hosted at BGSU
- Connect with a BGSU transfer advisor to plan their successful transfer to BGSU
Current Cuyahoga Community College or Owens Community College students who are planning to complete a bachelor's degree at BGSU are encouraged to participate in this program.
The following students are not eligible for the program:
- Former BGSU students (see BGSU readmission information)
- Current BGSU students taking classes at Owens or Tri-C to transfer back to BGSU, or any other transient students
- Students taking classes at Owens or Tri-C before graduating from high school or equivalent, including College Credit Plus students (see freshmen admission information)
- International students (see international admission information)
Students enrolled at any other college or university who are interested in transferring to BGSU should view transfer admission information.
To be admitted through the BGSU Transfer Program, you must:
- Be enrolled in or have earned 12 or more college-level semester hours after high school graduation (or equivalent) at Cuyahoga Community College or Owens Community College
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative college GPA based on all college-level coursework taken at all institutions
- High school GPA requirements apply for students with fewer than 24 college-level semester hours
You must first express your interest in the BGSU Transfer Program through your Cuyahoga Community College or Owens Community College application for admission (or by filling out an interest form if you are a current Owens student). Select your school below for detailed instructions.
After expressing your interest in the BGSU Transfer Program through your community college, you will be emailed additional information about your next steps, including submitting a free BGSU Transfer Program application for admission and sending in transcripts from other institutions you have attended, other than your current community college (if applicable).
An admission decision will be made at the end of the semester in which you apply to the program after all materials from your community college (and previous institutions if applicable) are received.
If admitted, BGSU Transfer Program students must transfer to BGSU within three years of being admitted through the BGSU Transfer Program.
Students should consult with their community college advisor and the BGSU Transfer Advisor each semester before transferring to BGSU to receive academic advising and course planning assistance.
Dual admission simply allows easy exchange of information between your community college and BGSU to help students see how their completed coursework fulfills BGSU degree requirements. While students are admitted to both their community college and BGSU, this is not a dual enrollment program.
Please contact a representative below if you have additional questions about program eligibility, the application process, or how to enroll in classes at BGSU after being admitted.