BGSU is a dynamic, innovative academic environment that challenges you to open yourself to new ideas, learn in an integrated context and continually grow and achieve.
- More than 200 undergraduate majors and programs
- The Honors College & nationally ranked cooperative education program
- Education Abroad & International Partnerships
- Master's and Doctoral degree programs
Nationally Respected, Personally Invested Faculty
- 800+ full-time faculty committed to teaching and research
- 80% of full-time faculty hold the highest degree in their field
Comfortable Class Size
- Average class size of 24 with a 20:1 student to faculty ratio
- Large lecture classes also meet for small-group discussions and/or laboratories each week
- U.S.News and World Report and BusinessWeek rankings recognize excellence in many BGSU programs including biology, business, education, English, fine arts, industrial/organizational psychology, physical therapy, psychology, public affairs, rehabilitation counseling, sociology and speech-language pathology.
- BGSU’s first year programs and the online master’s degree in education programs are considered among the best in the country by U.S.News and World Report.
- The University is consistently ranked as being veteran-friendly. In fact, BGSU has been ranked 5th in the nation and 1st in the Midwest for veterans and active military students by the Military Times in its Best for Vets: Colleges 2021 rankings! BGSU was also recognized as one of the “Best Colleges for Veterans” by U.S. News and World Report. The schools in this list participate in federal initiatives helping veterans and active service members apply, pay for and complete their degrees. BGSU is the highest ranked Ohio public university on the list.