Professional Development Funding Request Form
Apply now for Administrative Staff Professional Development Grants! Applications are being accepted for funding of professional development experiences.
To apply for funds from the ASC Professional Development Committee:
1. Complete the form below. The completed form will automatically be submitted to the Committee Chair on the following date during the semester which it is submitted:
- Spring: January 9
- Summer: May 22
- Fall: August 22
2. Provide to the committee copies of any printed materials
associated with the training event. Materials can be e-mailed to
email@example.com, the central
email address for this committee.
- Please be advised, the committee may request additional information/justification from you, others affected by the potential training outcomes and your supervisor(s).
Training requests that meet the following criteria will be given a higher funding priority:
- The training/conference/class must be associated with the overall mission and goals of BGSU.
- Because of limited budget, training that affects the largest number of people will be given higher priority.
- Researching other funding sources will enhance your request. Each individual may receive a MAXIMUM of $500 per year. The committee reserves the right to award less.
- Funding is not available for tuition premiums on executive-type classes.
- Staff members may apply for grants in consecutive semesters, however, priority will be given to applicants not awarded funding during the past year.
- The committee reserves the right to award less than the requested amount to any applicant unless the applicant designates otherwise on the application form.
- Funds are disbursed through Human Resources to a recipient's department, and cannot be guaranteed by a particular date.