Professional Development Funding Request Form
Apply now for Administrative Staff Professional Development Grants! Applications are being accepted for funding of professional development experiences.
To apply for funds from the ASC Professional Development Committee:
1. Complete the application below. The completed application will automatically be submitted to the Committee Chair.
November 6th for professional development that takes place between August and December
March 5th for professional development that takes place between January and June
2. Provide to the committee copies of any printed materials associated with the training event. Materials can be e-mailed to email@example.com, the central email address for this committee.
- Please be advised, the committee may request additional information/justification from you, others affected by the potential training outcomes and your supervisor(s).
Training requests that meet the following criteria will be given a higher funding priority:
- The training/conference/class must be associated with the overall mission and goals of BGSU and/or Administrative staff council.
- Application to this grant does not mean your request will be funded. Because of limited budget, training that affects the largest number of people will be given higher priority. Employees who can demonstrate financial need will also receive higher priority.
- Researching other funding sources will enhance your request. Each individual may receive a MAXIMUM of $500 per year. The committee reserves the right to award less.
- Funding is not available for tuition premiums on executive-type classes.
- Staff members may apply for grants in consecutive semesters, however, priority will be given to applicants not awarded funding during the past year.
- The committee reserves the right to award less than the requested amount to any applicant unless the applicant designates otherwise on the application form.
- Funds are disbursed through Human Resources to a recipient's department, and cannot be guaranteed by a particular date.
In addition to the information requested below, make sure to address the following topics in your training Justification:
- Explain how this will it benefit BGSU. Will this impact be personal or community focused?
- How does this training align with ASC or BGSU goals?
- Does BGSU offer this training via HR or some other method? Please describe how this training supplements the BGSU offering.
- Have you attended a similar training in the past? If so, how does this training increase your understanding of the field/topic?