ACTION Program Online Application for Transfer Students
- Must be an Ohio Resident
- Recommended 23 ACT score or higher
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA
- High school graduate currently enrolled at a college or university
- Completed at least one full semester of college at time of application
- Current BGSU student or a transfer from another institution (which could be outside of Ohio)
- Documentation of highly successful initial college experience
- Admitted BGSU student
- Full-time BGSU student in Fall 2018
- Must be an Secondary (AYA) Integrated Math, Secondary (AYA) Science, or Middle Childhood Education (Science and Math) major
- Anticipated graduation date no sooner than May 2021
- Some type of orientation during Summer Bridge 2018 may be required
Incoming transfer/current BGSU students who are accepted into ACTION will be required to complete:
- First year science/math group research project
- Practicum experience
- Junior/Senior Capstone research project
Scholars transferring to ACTION from another institution are eligible to receive three years of Choose Ohio First funding as a member of ACTION (as long as state funding continues).
In order to complete your application for Fall 2018 as a transfer student, follow these instructions to apply:
- Type all application information into the online form below. Make sure all answers are complete before hitting the "submit" button.
- Ask a college instructor to write a reference letter. The instructor should send the letter directly to our office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below.
- The deadline to be considered in the first round of applicants is March 1, 2018. If your application is received after this date, you will only be considered if an opening remains after all initial applications are processed.
- All finalists in the application process will be required to participate in a short online interview via Skype or FaceTime. More details will be provided if you are selected as a finalist.
- All applicants who applied by the deadline will be notified of a decision prior to April 1, 2018.
Any scanned documents can be sent to: email@example.com
304 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403