ACTION Program Online Application for Incoming Freshmen
The deadline for incoming freshmen for Fall 2020 has passed and applications are no longer being accepted. The application for Fall 2021 will be available on the website in mid-September. If you would like to be informed when the application is posted, send your email address to email@example.com
Requirements to Apply
- Admitted to BGSU
- Minimum cumulative 3.0 High School GPA*
- Recommended minimum composite score of 23 on the ACT*
- Interest in teaching science and/or mathematics in any of the grades 4 through 12
- Ohio Resident**
*Most ACTION scholars are well above these minimum requirements.
**As a Choose Ohio First grant program funded by the Ohio Department of Higher Education, this program is only open to students who live in Ohio and is dependent upon the continuation of state funding.
If you are attending a two-year community college and intend to transfer to BGSU as a sophomore in science and/or mathematics education, please contact an ACTION staff member to discuss the possibility of becoming part of the ACTION program.
Instructions to Apply
In order to complete your application for Fall 2020 as an incoming freshman student, follow these instructions to apply:
- Type all application information into the online form below. Make sure all answers are complete before hitting the "submit" button.
- Ask a high school science or math teacher to write a reference letter. The teacher should send the letter directly to our office via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below.
- The deadline to be considered in the first round of applicants is January 15, 2020. If your application is received after this date, you will be considered for the waitlist or any remaining openings.
- All finalists in the application process will be required to participate in a short online interview via Skype or FaceTime. More details will be provided if you are selected as a finalist.
- All applicants who applied by the deadline will be notified of a decision prior to March 1, 2020.
- To be considered for the need-based Jadel Scholarship Fund, applicants MUST answer the optional question at the bottom of the application, check the box giving permission to review financial information, and meet all criteria for this additional award.
Any scanned documents can be sent to: email@example.com
304 University Hall
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
After hitting "submit" make sure to check the box to confirm you are not a robot and then click on "confirm and send" to submit your final application.