COVID - Student Facial Covering Exemption Requests
This process is for use by all undergraduate and graduate students (employed or not employed by the University) with one or both of the following circumstances:
- Facial coverings are not medically advisable for documented health reasons
- Student has a documented disability that prevents the wearing of a face covering
Non-student faculty and staff should direct facial covering exemption inquiries to the Office of Human Resources.
Steps to Submitting a Facial Covering Exemption Request
- Click on the link below to begin the process. You will be prompted to log in with your BGSU username and password.
- Check your BGSU email for access to the form. Click on the email link and enter your BGSU email address to access the form in AdobeSign.
- Complete the form and attach appropriate documentation from a healthcare provider substantiating the medical advice or disability that prevents the wearing of a face mask. The documentation must specifically reference the use of COVID face masks. You will receive an email copy of the information submitted.
- Staff in Accessibility Services will contact you to discuss your request and options.
- If approved, you will be provided with a memo from Accessibility Services, on BGSU letterhead, for sharing with BGSU personnel. The memo addresses the parameters for the face mask modification.
Click to begin the COVID - Facial Covering Exemption Request Process.
BGSU faculty and staff can contact our office to verify approval for a specific student. If a student presents with any documentation other than a memo from our office, please direct them to contact us. Please be aware of the following fake items being sold on the internet: