Exam Appointments - Spring 2020
Effective March 23, 2020 and through May 15, 2020, classes have been switched to online format, and this applies to all exams as well.
- Make sure you have shared your accommodation letter with your professors. If you need another copy of your letter, please contact our office, and we can email it to you for forwarding to your professors.
- Your approved accommodation list will remain the same. Some accommodations apply to online classes and some do not.
- If you are approved for extra test time, please request that your professor extend the timer for your remaining exams.
- If you are approved for tests read orally, please downloand the FREE reading software Natural Reader. This will enable your exam to be read aloud by your computer.
- If you have received an Accessibility Memo from a student this semester, please take the time and review it now. Any questions related to how these accommodations will now need to be delivered online can be sent to the Office of Accessibility Services at email@example.com.
- Students’ approved accommodations will remain the same. Some accommodations apply to online classes and some do not.
- Since all instruction and assessments are now online, do not plan on an in-person proctor for your students’ needs. You will need to utilize the Canvas accessibility tools; and, if a reader is needed, LockDown browser cannot be used for this particular student as it does not allow the reading software to open.
Providing Accommodations for Online Exams:
- Extra test time – If the exam is on Canvas, professors can extend the timer for students with disabilities who have this approved accommodation. If professors need assistance with extending the timer for a particular student, they can contact the Center for Faculty Excellence at 419-372-6898.
- Reader – If a student is eligible for tests read orally, professors need to ensure that the exam posted on Canvas does not have LockDown Browser in use. LockDown conflicts with the online reading software that students utilize for online exams.