Peer2Peer Mentor Collective
"The transition to college can be challenging, but it isn’t a road you need to walk alone."
The Peer2Peer Mentor Collective program enhances student's college experience by linking students looking for one-on-one guidance from an upper-class student invested in their success.
Student mentees will learn what to expect in school, how to approach challenges, gain career advice and valuable insights. At the same time, mentors will build their networks and develop skills to become better professionals and leaders.
How it Works
- To help make good matches, you will need to complete a short survey providing information about yourself.
- Matches will be made throughout the summer.
- Once you are matched, we will notify you and your mentee/mentor, along with information on how to get a hold of each other.
How to Build a Connection with a Mentee/Mentor
When you sign up, you will be matched with a peer based on common interests, background, academics and professional aspirations – so you will have something in common right away.
Once you are matched, you decide together how you want to connect - by email, phone, text or in person - and how often you want to do so.
If you are struggling with how to start the conversation, try using some of these questions below:
- How will my major impact my professional options?
- How do I balance the demands of school, responsibilities and socializing?
- How can I set myself up for academic, social and career success?
- How do I make connections with peers and professional contacts?