DESTINY IS CALLING
Discover a University that engages, challenges and prepares you for a meaningful future. You’ll find nationally recognized programs, innovative academics and a dynamic campus that combines top faculty, diverse activities and an educational experience that transforms you, your life and your future.
- 2,600 African American, Native American, Latino and Asian American students
- 400+ cultural events annually (concerts, theater, dance and art)
- Community ethnic celebrations occur throughout Black History Month, Latino Heritage Month, Native American Month and Asian Heritage Month.
- Multicultural sororities and fraternities are active in the Greek community on campus. BGSU is proud to represent seven historically Black Greek letter fraternities and sororities. In addition, two of the largest Latino fraternities and sororities have chapters on campus.
Great place to live
- Bowling Green was named one of the five best places to live in Ohio by Ohio Magazine.
- The American Association of Colleges and Universities ranks BGSU as a “national leader in cultural diversity initiatives.”
Helping students go the distance
- SMART is a peer mentor program that provides social, personal and academic support to first year multicultural students who live in the residence halls.
- The Office of Multicultural Affairs provides academic and personal support programs to help you develop an appreciation for your unique heritage and to help the entire University community understand and respect people of
- University wide cultural diversity requirements with courses including:
- Topics in Multi-ethnic Literature
- Chicanos in the United States
- Contemporary Issues in Native America
- Minority Families in American Society
- Aesthetics of Black Music
Sidney A. Ribeau President’s Leadership Academy offers a unique four-year program of classes and seminars and community service opportunities to students – scholarships available to all students.
Academic Investment in Math and Science (AIMS) is designed to encourage more women and multicultural students to graduate in math, computer science and natural science– renewable scholarships available.
University Tuition Scholarship for Underrepresented Students
Students who bring diversity to the BGSU main campus community will be considered. Apply online.