Faculty Job Opportunities
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities regardless of age, gender identity, genetic information, religion, or sexual orientation.
Bowling Green State University is a tier-one, public university serving 19,000 students on two campuses in northwest Ohio. The University has nationally recognized programs and research in the natural and social sciences, education, arts, business, health and wellness, humanities and applied technologies. BGSU seeks talented individuals to join our community in Bowling Green, Ohio, recognized as one of the “Best College Towns of America.
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, Ohio 43403
Office (419) 372-8421
Fax (419) 372-2920
Non-Tenure Track Faculty– Department of Engineering Technologies
The Engineering Technologies Department in the College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering at Bowling Green State University (BGSU) seeks applicants for a non-tenure track position to begin January 2017. Primary responsibilities relate to teaching in Mechatronics Engineering Technology and relevant service as assigned. Applicants with background in electrical/electronic/mechanical/computer engineering technology or related areas or other engineering technology-related experience will be considered.
1. Teach interdisciplinary topics in robotics, electrical, electronic, mechanical, and computer engineering technology courses at the undergraduate level as required for majors in the Mechatronics program.
2. Participate in undergraduate curriculum development of the Mechatronics Engineering Technology program.
3. Mentor undergraduate students.
4. Provide service to the department, college, university, etc. (e.g. such as support toward accreditation).
1. Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical/Computer Engineering or in a related field.
1. Experience in robotics and automation or related industry.
2. A proven ability to be an effective teacher. Relevant teaching experience in higher education a plus.
3. Ability to teach the electrical/electronic/computer engineering technology courses required for majors in the Mechatronics program.
4. Communication skills in spoken and written English.
Salary and Position: The salary is competitive and commensurate with academic preparation and experience. Full benefits package is available.
Application Deadline: November 27, 2016 Starting: January 2017
Application: Submit application materials electronically to Linda Leimgruber at email@example.com with the email subject title (NTTF-ROBO2017). Application file must include: a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial copy of graduate transcript, and a list of three (3) professional references with their contact information. Applicants may be asked to forward additional materials in support of their application. Final candidate(s) will be required to submit official letters of recommendation and official transcripts. Finalists must authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. For questions call 419-372-2439.
Assistant or Associate or Full Professor of Visual Communication Technology
The Department of Visual Communication & Technology Education (VC&TE) at BGSU is actively searching for an individual to complement the teaching, curriculum, and research efforts within the Visual Communication Technology (VCT) program. This is a tenure-track position starting August 2017 with the possibility of tenure for an individual that qualifies. We are interested in a faculty member committed to advancing the department into collaborative research and teaching in the application of emerging visual media technologies, such as game-based learning, entertainment, virtual reality, etc. VCT has a strong cross-media program (approx. 350 majors) involving web, photography, print, and video, and this individual would supplement the existing strengths in analyzing communication problems, conceptualizing ideas, creating effective solutions, and practicing appropriate evaluation. In addition, there is potential graduate program development and teaching opportunities.
Responsibilities: As part of the VC&TE team, the individual will be expected to:
o Teach appropriate VCT courses at the undergraduate level, potential graduate teaching as well.
o Develop and sustain a research agenda in emerging areas as described above.
o Disseminate research through scholarly publications.
o Advise students.
o Participate in curriculum development in new and emerging areas as described above, graduate programs, etc.
o Participate in national and international industry and educational associations' conferences.
o Serve on department, college and university committees and foster collaborative partnerships with business, industry and government.
o Write proposals for research grants and demonstrate strong potential for successful grants
- Expected to have a Ph.D. in an appropriate field (such as Digital Media, Imaging Science, Visual Media, Computer Science, or similar). If the candidate can provide documentation that all requirements for the PhD have been completed before the start of the contract, an appropriately contingent offer is possible. Candidates who are in the process of completing their PhD may receive a one-year appointment with the expectation that the degree be completed no later than the end of the first academic year.
- Applicants should have proven ability or potential to initiate and conduct research and to be an effective teacher.
- Relevant university experience and industrial experience is a plus. Potential for leadership through involvement with professional associations is also a plus.
- Communication skills in spoken and written English.
Salary: Salary is competitive and commensurate with academic preparation and experience. Full benefit package available.
All application materials must be received no later than Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
Contact: The following materials should be forwarded electronically to Sallee Dildine at firstname.lastname@example.org, administrative support to the Chair, VCT Search Committee, College of Technology, Architecture and Applied Engineering, Bowling Green State University: a letter of application, curriculum vitae, unofficial copy of graduate transcripts, and a list of at least three references. Letters of recommendation from three references, dated within the last 12 months, will be required prior to any on-campus interview. Applicants may be asked to forward additional materials such as course syllabi, research items, or professional projects. Final candidate(s) will be required to submit official transcripts and authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment.