The Men’s Chorus is always looking for great guys with musical skills who are fired up about what we can accomplish as a team. Admission to the Chorus is decided by audition; auditions for the Fall semester are held in the week before and during the first week of the Fall semester, and auditions for the Spring semester are held during the last few weeks of the Fall semester and will include the following exercises:
- Vocal exercises to determine vocal range.
- A familiar song like "Amazing Grace" or "My Country 'Tis of Thee". Music will be provided.
- Spoken rhythms read on "ta".
- Sight-reading simple melodies on solfege or "ta"
- Sight reading a choir piece.Please arrive early to your audition so that you have time to fill out an audition form and write your name in large print on a slip of paper I’ll provide.
The results of your audition usually cannot be determined until I have heard all of the auditionees for that semester. When the roster has been determined, I post it on the Men’s Chorus bulletin board and on this website, and I e-mail the news to all auditionees.
For spring auditions, contact Prof. Cloeter: e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (262.527.8151 cell; 419.372.8288 office).
REAL MEN SING!
(Note: The Chorus accepts new members each semester, but admission is harder to gain in the Spring semester, because members who join in the middle of the school year will have to learn all the music the rest of the Chorus already learned in the Fall semester more or less on their own, and this generally takes greater skill and experience.)