Bowling Green State University
Strategic Goals and Tactics 2012-13
GOAL 1: Facilitate life-long learning, critical thinking & personal growth.
- Develop a unique undergraduate experience that incorporates an innovative general education program and majors that include experiential learning and capstone experiences. Align capstone courses with student experiences and create a student business incubator.
- Define BG Experience by aligning curricular and co-curricular programs.
- Approve general education requirements and reduce number of general education courses.
- Enhance undergraduate teaching by supporting professional development of the faculty.
- Implement a long-term plan to grow enrollment to 25,000 by 2020 and a retention plan with long-term goal of 80% retention.
- Increase academic standards of incoming freshmen and reduce time to degree.
- Utilize the Alumni Association, the Retiree Association, and recruitment of adult students to embrace life-long learning.
- Coordinate and facilitate a comprehensive leadership development program focusing on the skills, knowledge, and attitudes required of ethical and life-long learners.
GOAL 2: Produce high quality scholarships & creative achievements throughout the university.
- Develop strategies and plans to increase tech transfer.
- Increase faculty, staff and student entrepreneurship.
- Determine expectations and rewards for faculty, staff and students' research and entrepreneurship.
GOAL 3: Build a diverse community & culture of inclusion.
- Create greater efficiency and effectiveness to support teaching and learning.
- Review and revise faculty/staff orientation programs and success plans.
- Support diversity and inclusion efforts across campus.
- Increase the diversity of faculty and staff.
- Work with the Bowling Green community to ensure appreciation and understanding for diversity.
- Develop the infrastructure and resources to serve a diverse community.
GOAL 4: Develop mutually beneficial relationships between all stakeholders.
- Finalize and implement the faculty union contract.
- Finalize the partnership for the construction of a new health center.
- Implement the visioning plan with the City of Bowling Green.
- Garner more parent involvement with BGSU.
- Define branding and positioning for BGSU.
- Launch quiet phase of the comprehensive campaign.
- Increase the enrollment and other summer programs/activities at BGSU.
- Ensure a successful visit of the Higher Learning Commission
GOAL 5: Support faculty & staff performance & development.
- Review and revise faculty and staff recognition programs.
- Work with classified staff to finalize classified plan.
- Create an Academy for the Academy.
- Develop a new approach to faculty and administrative staff evaluations.
GOAL 6: Create an optimal fiscal and physical plant infrastructure.
- Implement Falcon Information and Database to support strategic planning initiatives.
- Implement the Efficiency Task Force report.
- Align academic programming with facilities planning.
- Determine the feasibility of building a hotel/conference center and housing on campus.