Educators in Context and Community
The Educators in Context & Community (ECCO) learning community
(formerly PCC), located in McDonald Hall, is for all educations majors
that want to distinguish themselves from the thousands of graduating
teachers who annually enter a highly competitive job market. ECCO is
considered to be one of the most progressive and promising teacher
preparation programs in the country.
Unlike other programs, ECCO begins your first semester in college and jump starts you into your career. Beginning the third week of classes, you will enter a real classroom and work alongside experienced teachers and their students. As you progress in ECCO, you will gain experience in three contexts--urban, rural, and suburban communities.
- Take your Education classes to prepare you for how to teach.
- Take your “content” classes to prepare you for what to teach.
- Take ECCO to prepare you for who you will be teaching.
Statistics and Information
- Freshman and upperclass students
- Live in McDonald Hall
- Participate in funded, annual trips to Chicago or Stratford
- Visit local museums and enjoy cultural attractions
- Fees: All Students - $275 per
- For more details visit the Educators in Context & Community website or call 419-372-9443.