The On-Campus Housing and Dining Agreement establishes the terms and conditions of occupancy in the University residences between the room occupant and Bowling Green State University. All residents are expected to review and understand the obligations outlined in this agreement. *Students over the age of 18 will eletronically agree to the terms as part of the housing sign up process. Students under the age of 18 on the first day of classes must submit a paper copy to our office, signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to Move-In (see below).
Residency Requirement for the 2014-15
The Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees has set a requirement for two years of residency in University housing subject to the following exceptions:
- The Student will complete four semesters of on-campus residency as of August 25, 2014;
- The Student will be commuting daily from the permanent home address of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 50-mile radius of BGSU;
- Please note that the Office of Residence Life considers the permanent home address of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to be the address of record on file with federal, state and local tax agencies and where a minimum of one of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) reside;
- Students who qualify to reside off-campus under this clause do not need to request housing. Please note that providing false information to the University is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct;
- The Student will attain junior level status as of August 25, 2014;
- The Student will be 20 years of age as of August 25, 2014;
- The Student is married (proof of marriage required);
- The Student is a parent with custodial care responsibilities (proof of custodial care required);
- The Student will fulfill one of the requirements to be considered an independent student (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as of August 25, 2014;
- The Student will complete 12 months of consecutive military service as of August 25, 2014;
- The Student is transferring to BGSU, has been out of high school for a minimum of two years, and has completed at least 12 credit hours at an accredited institution of higher education post high school graduation.