housing sign-up instructions
Housing sign-up for current residents is available online starting December 1, 2015. Students who complete their housing application on or before January 31, 2016 will receive an assigned date and time to select a room. The application will be available until July 31, 2016. To submit your housing application for the 2016-17 academic year, follow these steps:
- Log in to your
- Hover over the "Students" tab and then click "Housing & Residence Life" from the dropdown menu
- Click on "My Room and Meals"
- Follow the onscreen
steps to make the initial housing payment and complete the first few
steps of the room selection process
Starting on December 1, 2015, you can log into your MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" account to complete the first four steps in your housing application:
1. Accept the terms of the On-Campus
Housing and Dining Agreement
|Beginning on February 3, 2016, students who have completed the previous steps will receive an assigned date and time to select a room.|
Get Your Room
|On your assigned date and time log
into your MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" account and
select your room for the 2016-17 academic year. |
Housing Information for 2016-17
The Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees has set a requirement for two years of residency in University housing subject to the following exceptions:
- The Student will complete four semesters of on-campus residency as of August 22, 2016;
- The Student will be commuting daily from the permanent home address of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 50-mile radius of BGSU;
- Please note that the Office of Residence Life considers the permanent home address of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to be the address of record on file with federal, state and local tax agencies and where a minimum of one of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) reside;
- Students who qualify to reside off-campus under this clause do not need to request housing. Please note that providing false information to the University is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct;
- The Student will attain junior level status as of August 22, 2016;
- The Student will be 20 years of age as of August 22, 2016;
- The Student is married (proof of marriage required);
- The Student is a parent with custodial care responsibilities (proof of custodial care required);
- The Student will fulfill one of the requirements to be considered an independent student (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as of August 22, 2016;
- The Student will complete 12 months of consecutive military service as of August 22, 2016;
- The Student is transferring to BGSU, has been out of high school for a minimum of two years, and has completed at least 12 credit hours at an accredited institution of higher education post high school graduation.
Gender Neutral Housing (GNH) will be available in Founders Hall for the 2016-17 academic year. Applications are available in the Office of Residence Life and online beginning December 1 and must be returned to the office by February 1. A limited number of rooms/suites are available. More information on this community, is available here.
If you are currently living in a learning community and are interested in renewing your membership and residency, please contact your program director for information regarding your community’s requirements. If approved to return to your community, you must enroll again into your community of choice through your MyBGSU “My Learning Community” account or at www.bgsu.edu/communities. You must enroll prior to January 29.
Members should work with their Chapter leadership to determine who will be living in the assigned space. These students will go through the same online sign-up process as described in this letter to select their room.
The initial $200 housing payment must be made online during the room selection process using either a MasterCard, Discover, Visa, or American Express debit or credit card or a checking account via electronic check (numbers from the bottom of your check). This initial payment is required to reserve a room.
If you have a scholarship that pays for housing, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 419-372-2651 for more information on what impact this may have on your room selection.