housing sign-up instructions
With the closing of Harshman Hall in Fall 2017, fewer on campus bed spaces will be available. Due to this change, the Office of Residence Life must alter who will be given first priority to live in on campus housing.
Beginning Fall 2017, the Office of Residence Life will continue to guarantee housing to:
- New and New Transfer students to BGSU entering for the first time in August 2017
- Second year continuing students who were New or New Transfer students in August 2016 or January 2017 and returning to BGSU
- Any students living in their chapter house in the Greek Village during the 2017-2018 academic year
- Students employed by the Office of Residence Life who are required to live on campus as part of their job duties
Students who are returning to BGSU for their third year or more will
no longer be guaranteed on campus housing and need to secure off
campus living accommodations. An application process for a limited
number of on campus bed spaces will be available for upper class
students with extenuating circumstances that necessitate an on campus
housing assignment. Additional details about your housing status and the housing sign-up process will be sent via
your BGSU email.
Housing Information for 2017-18
The Bowling Green State University Board of Trustees has set a requirement for two years of residency in University housing subject to the following exceptions:
- The Student will complete four semesters of on-campus residency as of August 21, 2017;
- The Student will be commuting daily from the permanent home address of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 50-mile radius of BGSU;
- Please note that the Office of Residence Life considers the permanent home address of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to be the address of record on file with federal, state and local tax agencies and where a minimum of one of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) reside;
- Students who qualify to reside off-campus under this clause do not need to request housing. Please note that providing false information to the University is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct;
- The Student will attain junior level status as of August 21, 2017;
- The Student will be 20 years of age as of August 21, 2017;
- The Student is married (proof of marriage required);
- The Student is a parent with custodial care responsibilities (proof of custodial care required);
- The Student will fulfill one of the requirements to be considered an independent student (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as of August 21, 2017;
- The Student will complete 12 months of consecutive military service as of August 21, 2017;
- The Student is transferring to BGSU, has been out of high school for a minimum of two years, and has completed at least 12 credit hours at an accredited institution of higher education post high school graduation.
BGSU Office of Residence Life will be offering University-sponsored apartments for the 2017-2018 academic year. The University-sponsored apartments are the Enterprise Square Apartment Complex (506, 514, and 524 N. Enterprise St. And 422 E Merry Street). These furnished apartments will be staffed and maintained by Bowling Green State University. You can learn more about the apartments here.
Members should work with their Chapter leadership to determine who will be living in the assigned space and complete the Greek Chapter housing packet. These students also need to complete their online housing application.
Gender Neutral Housing (GNH) will be available in Founders Hall for the 2017-18 academic year. Applications are available online beginning December 1 and must be returned to the office by February 1. A limited number of rooms/suites are available. More information on this community, is available here.
If you are currently living in a learning community and are interested in renewing your membership and residency, please contact your program director for information regarding your community’s requirements. If approved to return to your community, you must enroll again into your community of choice through your MyBGSU “My Learning Community” account or at www.bgsu.edu/communities. You must enroll prior to February 2.
The initial $200 housing payment must be made online during the room selection process using either a MasterCard, Discover, Visa, or American Express debit or credit card or a checking account via electronic check (numbers from the bottom of your check). This initial payment is required to reserve a room.
If you have a scholarship that pays for housing, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 419-372-2651 for more information on what impact this may have on your room selection.