The Office of Residence Life has a variety of information to share
with current students at this time - everything from break housing, to
fall housing sign-up, to employment and more.
Housing Sign-up for Fall 2015 is Going On Now!
Returning student housing sign-up for the 2015-2016 academic year opened December 1, 2014.
Directions for Initial Payment and Housing Sign-Up:
- Go to your MyBGSU Web portal: https://my.bgsu.edu
- Click on “Housing & Residence Life” under the “Students” tab on the top. Then select, “My Room and Meals in the left-hand side of the screen and follow the on-screen instructions
Housing Information for 2015-16
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT REMINDER: Bowling Green State University policy states that a student shall live on campus unless:
1. The Student will complete four semesters of on-campus residency as of August 24, 2015;
2. The Student will be commuting daily from the permanent home address of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 50-mile driving radius of BGSU;
a. Please note that the Office of Residence Life considers the permanent home address of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to be the address of record on file with federal, state and local tax agencies and where a minimum of one of the Student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) reside;
b. Students who qualify to reside off-campus under this clause do not need to request housing. Please note that providing false information to the University is a violation of the student Code of Conduct;
3. The Student will attain junior level status as of August 24, 2015;
4. The Student will be 20 years of age as of August 24, 2015;
5. The Student is married (proof of marriage required);
6. The Student is a parent with custodial care responsibilities (proof of custodial care required);
7. The Student will fulfill one of the requirements to be considered an independent student (as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as of August 24, 2015;
8. The Student will complete 12 months of consecutive active military service as of August 24, 2015;
9. The Student is transferring to BGSU, has been out of high school for a minimum of two years, and has completed at least 12 credit hours at an accredited institution of higher education post high school graduation.
If you fulfill any of these requirements, other than the first four listed, please complete the Residency Verification Form in your MyBGSU “My Room and Meals” account. If you do not fall within the exceptions listed, you are required to sign up for housing or you have the option to appeal the requirement to live on campus. Please refer to the On-Campus Housing and Dining Agreement located on our website for specific details. Failure to comply with the residency requirement will result in housing charges being applied to your student account.
Gender Neutral Housing (GNH) will be available in Founders Hall for the 2015-16 academic year. Applications are available in the Office of Residence Life and online beginning December 1 and must be returned to the office by January 26. A limited number of rooms/suites are available. More information on this community, is available here.
If you are currently living in a learning community and are interested in renewing your membership and residency, please contact your program director for information regarding your community’s requirements. If approved to return to your community, you must enroll again into your community of choice through your MyBGSU “My Learning Community” account or at www.bgsu.edu/communities. You must enroll prior to January 29.
Members should work with their Chapter leadership to determine who will be living in the assigned space. These students will go through the same online sign-up process as described in this letter to select their room.
Students living on campus are also required to have a University meal plan. Visit BGSU Dining’s website for information on meal plans for the 2015-16 academic year at www.dineoncampus.com/BGSU. You will select your meal plan as part of the room selection process (on your housing application).
The initial $200 housing payment must be made online during the room selection process using either a MasterCard, Discover, Visa, or American Express debit or credit card or a checking account via electronic check (numbers from the bottom of your check). This initial payment is required to reserve a room.
If you have a scholarship that pays for housing, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 419-372-2651 for more information on what impact this may have on your room selection.