National Conference on Undergraduate Research
Looking for an opportunity to showcase your academic achievements and advance your future career? BGSU’s CURS students often present their completed research or creative projects at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), which this year will be held at the University of Kentucky from April 3 - 5. More information about NCUR 2013 is available by clicking on the conference logo, below:
NCUR welcomes program submissions from all disciplines. Applicants may choose to present a poster or an oral presentation, performing arts (music, dance, theatre) or visual arts (artwork) presentation. (Individuals submitting an abstract for a Visual Arts presentation must include an estimate for shipping costs). Complete presentation guidelines, sample abstracts and shipping instructions are available at the link above.
A quality abstract:
- is well-written in the professional style appropriate for the discipline (A.P.A., M.L.A. etc.);
- clearly communicates the purpose, hypothesis, methods, and findings of the project;
- demonstrates depth of thought and original scholarship;
- successfully articulates the outcomes of the research or creative activity;
- reflects the student’s understanding of the research paradigm or approach used, as well as the student’s ability to integrate content knowledge as appropriate for the discipline.
Students seeking feedback or help in polishing their abstracts may contact:
- Dr. M. Neil Browne, Distinguished Teaching Professor of Economics and Honors Faculty Affiliate, at 419-372-8060 or email@example.com.
- Christopher L. Mitchell, Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship, at 419-372-5401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the CURS 2014 NCUR Scholarship and the selection process, please contact:
Christopher Mitchell, M.Ed, Coordinator of CURS
Center for Undergraduate Research & Scholarship
419-372-5401 · email@example.com