Student Recreation Center
Bowling Green State University's Student Recreation Center (SRC) offers expansive recreational facilities for Bowling Green students, faculty/staff and community members. Although it is student-oriented, the SRC has enhanced the quality of life for the entire University community since its opening on January 4, 1979.
Bowling Green State University’s Student Recreation Center had its opening debut on Sunday, August 24, 2014 after one year of construction and numerous renovations. Students packed the newly remodeled SRC to check out the state-of-the-art update and break in the new fitness machines Sunday evening.
Highlighted throughout the facility are four functional trainers allowing those using the facility to maximize their strength training options and enhance their workout experience.
The Student Recreation Center offers expansive recreational facilities for Bowling Green students, faculty/staff and surrounding community members to practice a healthy lifestyle. From fresh paint to a modernized architectural plan and increased equipment, the Student Recreation Center’s upgrade has not gone unnoticed. The Student Recreation Center inspires active and healthy lifestyles and with top of the line equipment and an operative layout, all students are able to reap the rewards of practicing a healthy lifestyle.
Since opening in 1979, the Student Recreation Center has contributed to the quality of life for those utilizing the facility. With contemporary renovations complete, Bowling Green State University is confident the new and improved Student Recreation Center continues to promote the importance of healthy lifestyles to the University and surrounding communities.
Official Hammer Strength Training Center
The BGSU Student Recreation Center is among an elite group of facilities across the country that have earned "Official Hammer Strength Training Center" status. Because of the quantity of the special Life Fitness equipment in the weights/strength area, patrons can enjoy that we have chosen to offer the best.
- Expanded weight/strength area with state-of-the-art equipment and PLAE flooring to accommodate heavy use without the need for powerlifting platforms
- Designated areas for functional training/fitness including Torque Edge units to accommodate a wide range of exercises
- Slam wall designated for specific medicine ball tosses, etc.
- Designated area for stretching complete with unique Technogym® equipment
- Wallet/cell phone lockers and cleaning stations built into columns throughout the weight/strength area
- Three activity courts with new hardwood flooring and new standards for volleyball, tennis, and badminton
- Multi-Activity Court (MAC) to accommodate a wide range of activities including soccer and floor hockey
- Personal training office/reception area with personal trainers, interns, or practicum students available to assist patrons with equipment use
- Climbing Wall
- Lounge with 80" TV and ability to house demonstrations (healthy cooking, etc.)
- Wellness Connection Office
- Pool spectator area overlooking Cooper Pool
- Remodeled restrooms with added sinks and stalls
- Expanded space to approximately 25 feet to accommodate additional cardio equipment
- Variety of new, unique equipment purchased including Torque, Synergy, Jacob's Ladder, Lateral X, Versa Climber, Ski Ergometer, Marop Rope pull, etc.
- Woodway self-powered treadmills purchased through partnerships with the Office of Campus Sustainability
- Running track
- Graduate assistant office and student lounge
- Two gender-neutral/family restrooms
- Andrews Pool
- Cooper Pool
- Lounge located in previous location of Pro Shop
- "Mural wall" covering the hallway
- Remodeled primary locker rooms with new day use lockers, designated primping stations, individual shower stalls, and new saunas
- Private locker room located near the showers in each locker room with larger lockers, towel service, carpeted flooring, and cable television
- Two family changing rooms with showers
- Secondary entrance with finger vein reader access only
- Courtyard with patio and sand volleyball courts
- Additional parking lot behind building
- Falcon Fitness Studio A (spin room) with PLAE flooring, additional storage units, and updated AV (projection screen, etc.)
- Falcon Fitness Studio B (dance room) with refinished hardwood flooring, revamped HVAC, improved airflow, new AV, a new storage area to enable greater space on the fitness floor, and the purchase of new equipment for greater variety (ex. Kettle Worx, Vipr, etc.)
- Falcon Fitness Lounge including a TV and Four Winds monitor to provide patrons with an area to relax before and after Group Exercise classes
- Functional Training Zone room designated for TRX specific training
- Multi-Use Synthetic Court available for drop in use
- Multi-Use Hardwood Court available for drop in use
- 3 squash courts
- 6 raquetball courts
- 1 additional sport court