Information Technology Committee
Tech Trends Series
The Tech Trends series is an exploration of issues and trends affecting information technology in the university environment. Grants are available for faculty, staff, departments and organizations to host technology-related events. The purpose of the grant is to help bring information technology-related events such as speakers, webinars or workshops to the BGSU campus thus raising awareness of contemporary and historical issues in digital technology. The grant assists with costs such as honoraria, room rentals, materials, travel, lodging, and promotion.
Grants of up to $1000 are awarded based on need. The final award takes into consideration the availability of matching funds as well as other resources. The ability to draw a large audience and the benefit to the university community is a factor into the amount awarded. Special circumstances may be considered for grants in excess of $1000.
- The grants must be at least partially matched by funds from the department, organization, another grant, or institution. Include details in the Budget Information section on the Application Form below.
- The event must be open to the general university population.
- A promotional plan must be included and the event advertised and promoted in such a way to attract a large audience.
- The grant recipient must coordinate the event including but not limited to all arrangements such as travel, lodging, meals and honorarium for lecturers; event location room reservation; equipment rental; required university forms; and the event schedule.
- The grant recipient must coordinate all advertising for the event. All promotional materials including press releases must be sent to the ITC Tech Trends subcommittee at least one month in advance of the event to be posted in available technology-related publications.
- The coordinating office/department/center/organization must submit an assessment of the event by completing the Post Event Summary Report E-Form within two weeks of the date of the event.
- The coordinating office/department/center/organization must distribute the Tech Trends Attendee Evaluation Form to all participants at the event. Please return completed forms to Cindy Fuller, 204 Hayes Hall, within two weeks of the date of the event.
BGSU faculty, staff, and student organizations may apply for grants including members of the Firelands campus.
How to Apply
- Proposals must be submitted using the Electronic Grant Application Form. Completed applications must include sufficient detail on all parts of the form (event information, budget, impact statement, and other relevant information) to enable the committee to assess eligibility and recommend funding.
- The Tech Trends subcommittee of the Information Technology Committee (ITC) reviews each Tech Trends Grant proposal and is responsible for recommending grant awards. Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to allow for appropriate planning and publicity of the event.
For More Information