The Women's Center Provides
A Gathering Place...
A variety of committees, organizations and classes meet at the Women's Center. Other visitors simply enjoy our quiet, relaxing and open environment. Guests bring lunch, peruse the library or lounge on one of our cozy couches.
A Resource Center...
Our growing library includes a plethora of books, magazines, journals and videotapes which focus on issues of women and gender. Materials are available for check out.
The Women’s Center appreciates the efforts of graduate and undergraduate interns and encourages those interested to apply. There are also many volunteer opportunities available. Volunteers may aid the staff in everyday operations or implement self- designed projects.
- To use both proactive and responsive programming to bring visibility to issues affecting women on campus.
- To coordinate and facilitate access to resources relevant to women's issues.
- To promote the integration of women's issues into campus culture and discourse.
- To advocate for the removal of barriers that inhibit
the full participation of women in the University community.
- To work cooperatively with organizations with related
interests and functions.