Student Green Initiative Fund
The “Student Green Fee Group” is charged with the responsibility of distributing funds.
This group is made up of faculty, staff, and students from across the University. The membership of the group includes the following:
- Three undergraduate students
- One student from the Undergraduate Student Government
- Two students at large approved by the school of The Earth, Environment & Society
- One graduate student
- Member of the Graduate Student Senate
- One staff member
- Appointed by the President of Bowling Green State University
- One faculty member
- Member of the Faculty Senate appointed by the Chair of Faculty Senate
The Student Green Fee Group will have the following responsibilities:
- Review proposals and make selections for funding on the basis of a project’s feasibility, its potential for positive impact on the environment, and its ability to be funded.
- If no adequate proposal is submitted, to decide how the funds should be allocated to promote environmental sustainability on BGSU’s campus.
- Assure that all accepted proposals will directly and positive affect the campus.
- Market and advertise the fee, the projects selected and being implemented/ accomplished, and environmental sustainability at BGSU.
- Follow up after funds are allocated to be sure such funds are being used appropriately.