A 3-week competition of colleges and universities to see who can reduce electricity and water use the most
- BGSU competes in this competition every year
- Visit the website at competetoreduce.org
- National results will be available in early May
- 2013: BGSU reduced energy usage by 8.8%
- Falcon Heights place 1st with 19.7% reduction.
- Centennial Hall placed 2nd with 15.9% reduction.
- Offenhauer placed 3rd with 11.2% reduction.
- BGSU also competed in the first Falcon-Rocket Energy Smackdown and beat Toledo with 8.8% reduction compared to Toledo's 1.1%.
- BGSU's Results:
- 75,565 Kilowatt-hours saved
- 134,430 lbs of carbon dioxide averted
- $6,800 saved for the university
- 2012: BGSU placed 1st Nationally!
- Offenhauer placed 1st with 46.7% reduction
- Falcon Heights placed 2nd with 30.6% reduction
- McDonald placed 3rd with 22.3% reduction
- BGSU's results:
- 237,239 kilowatt-hours saved
- 422,048 pounds of carbon dioxide averted
- $21,351 saved for the university
- 2011: BGSU placed 1st in Ohio and 6th Nationally!
Check out the virtual interactive dashboard system! See how much energy your residence hall is using by clicking on the link in the what's new section!