Student Financial Aid
Frequently Asked Questions
- How and when do I apply for aid?
- What is BGSU's Federal school code to be entered on my FAFSA?
- Can I apply for aid if I haven't yet completed my taxes?
- What do I do if I don't have my (or my parent's) tax transcripts?
- How can I check to see if my FAFSA has been processed?
- I have completed and sent the FAFSA, what happens next?
- What is verification?
- When do I complete the Federal Direct Master Promissory Note (MPN)?
- What should I do if I have not received an Award Letter from BGSU?
- What is the definition of Academic Level?
- How is my enrollment status defined?
- I plan to transfer to BGSU, what do I need to do to receive financial aid?
- I am a BGSU student and plan to take classes at another university as a transient student, what do I need to do to use my financial aid?
- What happens to my financial aid if I withdraw for the semester?
- Is financial aid available for summer sessions?
- Can I receive financial aid while participating in a cooperative education program? (pdf)
- Can I receive financial aid while participating in a study abroad program? (pdf)
- What is Federal Work-Study and how do I find a job?
- What happens if I do not find a Federal Work-Study job?
- What types of financial aid are available?
- What other financing options are available besides federal, state, and BGSU financial aid programs?
- What types of scholarships are available?
- What should I know about Loan Consolidation?
BURSAR TERMS AND TRANSACTIONS
- How does my financial aid get applied to my bursar bill?
- What is the definition of anticipated aid and Disbursements?
- What is the definition of awards that do not disburse to my Bursar Account through Student Financial Aid?