Student Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Process
- Financial Aid Checklist: Things to note when applying for Financial Aid.
- Apply for Admissions to BGSU: All federal student aid recipients must be admitted to the University as a degree-seeking student.
- First-Time Aid Recipients: The Financial Aid Process starts during your senior year in high school with the FAFSA; what happens next?
- How your Financial Aid Eligibility is Calculated: How much aid you receive is based on your FAFSA and other factors. The Financial Aid Estimator provides an estimate of potential financial assistance.
- Cost of Attendance Estimates: Estimated cost of attendance for undergraduate students. The Net Price Calculator (BG campus, Firelands campus) provides cost and award estimates based on prior year data.
- "Packaging" your Financial Aid: Student Financial Aid uses the data reported on your FAFSA to determine the specific combination of grants, loans and other aid offered to you.
- Changes in your Aid Package: A summary of the factors that may affect your financial aid package.
- Aid "Disbursement" to your Bursar Account: Once finalized, your financial aid is applied to your bursar account.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress: Maintaining academic progress is a requirement for receiving aid.