Division of Student Affairs
Goals for 2012-2013
Communication and Collaboration
- Align programming throughout the division with the “pillars” developed for New Student Orientation.
- Continue to build our partnerships with Academic Affairs and Enrollment Management.
- Define, create, and sustain intentional points of contact between Student Affairs and Finance and Administration
- Expand relationships with community partners and expand outreach.
- Maintain and promote positive town/gown relationships.
- Develop specific strategies to connect with alumni who were highly involved in co-curricular experiences.
- Increase parent participation as appropriate.
- Seek opportunities for increased campus events during the summer.
- Participate in the HLC accreditation process as needed.
- Support diversity and inclusion efforts across campus.
- Align resources to achieve diversity objectives.
- Increase the diversity of the Student Affairs staff.
- Encourage and support staff involvement in diversity training and education.
Financial Stewardship & Facilities
- Build new facilities and renovate existing facilities as needed.
- Identify a permanent location for division offices and offices currently located in the Math Science Building.
- Intentionally engage the division in development initiatives; define a clear role for Student Affairs in the campaign.
- Identify opportunities to eliminate duplication and increase the efficient use of all resources.
Professional Development and Recognition
- Continue to promote and support on-going professional development to increase staff performance and learning.
- Strive to attain national, regional, or local recognition for programmatic, facility, and/or individual staff accomplishments.
- Recognize and reward, when possible, staff professional development accomplishments.
- Intentionally recognize outstanding student performance, awards, and honors.
- Align the results and outcomes of the University retention plan with Student Affairs programs and initiatives.
- Develop new retention strategies within the Division as needed.
- Utilize institutional metrics as a guide to on-going assessment, evaluation, and data collection.
- Better utilize our Core Values and Student Development theory to enhance the learning environment.
- Strive to achieve excellence in all services provided to students.
- Maximize the utilization of the Starfish Retention System.
- Develop a communication strategy that illustrates the significant role and success of Student Affairs programs that positively impact retention.
- Maximize the use of Campus Labs to attain our assessment, evaluation, and benchmarking objectives.
- Create an intentional plan to market and promote outcomes achieved from assessment initiatives.
- Utilize feedback capture mechanisms to develop on-going data related to student learning, participation, and attitudes.
- Develop targeted remote device applications in collaboration with ITS.