Division of Student Affairs
Recommend Students to be Opening Weekend Group Leaders
Before we know it, the next cohort of students will be moving onto campus to begin their 2013 Opening Weekend experience. This means New Student Orientation and First Year Programs will begin their recruitment efforts for the Opening Weekend Group Leader (OWGL) position very soon. It’s never too early to get students thinking about becoming involved in this experience. Please find position details and application requirements below.
- Position details:
- Excellent leadership opportunity for students with all levels of experience
- OWGLs attend a required spring training (Saturday, March 16th) and return to campus the week of August 20th to finish preparing for Opening Weekend
- During Opening weekend, OWGLs mentor an assigned group of students
- OWGLs play an integral role in ensuring first-year students with a smooth, enjoyable, and successful transition to BGSU, as they are one of the first contacts for students once they arrive on campus
- Fantastic way for students to show their pride for BGSU
- Application requirements:
- Application out: Wednesday January 9, 2013 (available online at Orientation Leaders Application)
- Attendance at an Information Session is required (dates will be posted on the website listed above soon)
- Application due: Thursday January 31, 2013
Do you know any students who you believe could benefit from this opportunity? Please send their names and email addresses to Jessica Huddleston (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your recommended students will receive a personal email with information about the application, encouraging them to apply!
OWGLs are critical to the success of Opening Weekend. Don’t let you students miss out on this excellent leadership opportunity!