Congratulations Wellness Connection
We know the important work the Wellness Connection performs in educating our students. Now everyone knows! Faith Yingling and some of our peer educators, their advisors from the Wellness Connection, and Student Wellness Network attended the National Bacchus General Assembly Conference, held in Columbus, Ohio November 13-15. The Bacchus Network recognized Bowling Green State University’s Student Wellness Network for outstanding creativity in Successful Fundraising for the Condom Sense program, for which the group received a $150 check. BGSU Peer Educators, Wellness Connection, and Wellness Network received the following awards at the National Bacchus General Assembly Conference:
- Faith Yingling, Ph.D., CHES, Advisor of Student Wellness Network and Director of Wellness Connection was named Outstanding Advisor of the Year
- Amanda Lynch, President Student Wellness Network was named Outstanding Student of the Year
- Peer Ed program –“Condom Sense” was named Outstanding Program of the Year.
In addition, Faith just received word yesterday that the Wellness Connection received an anti-smoking grant from Ohio Department of Health.
- November 21 : BGSU Falcons vs. Buffalo Bulls at the Doyt - 6pm - ORANGE OUT
- December 5: Leadership Academy Proposals due
- December 12: Coffee Talk: The Legal Drinking Age: Myths, Facts & Consequences -- Room 315 of the Bowen-Thompson Student Union
- January 8, 2009 : Staff Development Conference -- 101 Olscamp Hall