Focus on Student Employment
Left to right: Janis Slavik, Sue Young, Annette Badik, JoAnn Kroll, Susan Gladieux, and Connie Mears.
The Career Center's Student Employment Services is offering an opportunity to recognize the contributions of Bowling Green State University student employees. The Student Employee Awards Committee is calling for nominations in four categories:
- Outstanding Student Employee Working On Campus
- Outstanding Student Employee Working Off Campus
- Outstanding Co-op or Intern
- Outstanding Student Employee Team Working On Campus
The students who are selected as recipients in the first three categories will receive a $500 scholarship and an engraved plaque. The team selected as the Outstanding Student Employee Team (working on campus) will share a $500 scholarship and the department will receive an engraved plaque to display for one year. All nominees will be introduced at the reception and receive certificates of recognition. The award recipient's will be selected by a committee and announced at the 8th Annual Student Employee Appreciation and Scholarship Reception to be held from 3-5pm on Tuesday, April 14, 2009 in 101 Olscamp Hall. The reception is co-sponsored by Coca-Cola and University Dining Services. Nomination forms for all four categories are available at the Career Center online nomination form. For more information, contact Linda Szykowny at 372-2610.
March is the month to get busy planning your future!
The end of the semester will be here before you know it, so sharpen your job search skills by attending Career Center workshops and events. Access the Career Center's March WorkNet Newsletter to find out more information. The Career Center provides career development and employment services. We offer job search assistance to help you obtain meaningful career post graduate positions, internships, co-ops, and on/off-campus part-time jobs.
Need a Job for Fall?
The BGeX Office would like to extend an invitation to work with them as a BGeX peer facilitator in the 2009 Fall term. Why be a BGeX peer faciliator?
- Looks great on your resume
- Gives you an opportunity to work with students 1-on-1
- Helps you develop social skills
- Gives you a chance to practice teaching (especially for those future educators)
- Well compensated for work, yes we said $$$$
- Helps you build good relationships with both faculty & students
- Gives you a chance to broaden personal study skills
- Great way to build leadership skills
If interested, call Beth Fuller, (419) 372-7247, visit the BGeXperience office at 122 Conklin North, or view/print the Career Center Spring 2009 Calendar.
Important Dates :
- March 16, 2009: Student Affairs Awards Nominations dues
- March 20, 2009: Student Success Awards - Falcon Parents Advisory Board proposal deadline.
- March 25, 2009: Civic Action Leader Scholarship deadline.
- March 27, 2009: BET Awards, BTSU Multipurpose Room
- April 1, 2009: B!G on Respect video submissions due.