Fraternity & Sorority Life Awards Students for Achievements
The annual Greek Awards ceremony honoring Fraternity & Sorority Life organizations and individuals was held Tuesday, January 25, 2011. Greek organizations and individuals were awarded for their achievements during 2010 at the ceremony hosted by Fraternity and Sorority Life Chapters, as well as, individuals were awarded for their excellence in academics, campus involvement, community service, and philanthropy.
The keynote speaker was the Director of Fraternity & Sorority Life, Chris Bullins. He addressed the audience about embracing the 60 years of history Greek life has at BGSU, but emphasized the future and how organizations must live by their values to create more success for the community.
Fraternity & Sorority Life looks forward to another successful year at BGSU. Listed below are the winners from Greek Awards 2011.
- Top Achievement in Academics for a Fraternity & Sorority - Lambda Chi Alpha & Delta Xi Phi Multicultural Sorority
- Hollis A. Moore Community Service Award for a Fraternity & Sorority - Pi Kappa Phi & Delta Gamma
- Hollis A. Moore Philanthropy Award for a Fraternity & Sorority - Pi Kappa Phi & Alpha Chi Omega
- Top Achievement in Campus Involvement Award for a Fraternity& Sorority - Alpha Sigma Phi & Sigma Kappa
- Philanthropy Cup Award for a Fraternity & Sorority - Sigma Nu & Alpha Phi
- Faculty Member of the Year Award - Dr. Susan Peet, Alpha Phi
- Diane Kremer Award for Outstanding Sorority Advisor - Christine Tulley, Alpha Omicron Pi
- Florence Currier Award - Marty Seese, Kappa Delta
- Werner Book Scholarship - Kimmy Zaccaro, Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Mitch Weitzman Memorial Award - Gabe Melchor, Alpha Sigma Phi
- Steven R. Hanna & Kevin L. Ross Memorial Award - Dan Caldwell, Phi Kappa Psi
- Timothy F. Smith Award - Nick Reilly, Kappa Sigma
- Order of Omega Outstanding Student Award - Sorority Award – Lindsay Holtz, Kappa Delta and Fraternity Award – Jake West, Lambda Chi Alpha
- Joseph M. Firment IFC New Member of the Year Award - Ryan Evarts, Alpha Sigma Phi
- Outstanding Panhellenic New Member Award - Candice Cotton, Alpha Chi Omega
- Outstanding National Pan-Hellenic Neophyte Award - Brittany Reynolds, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Thomas D. Hayne Outstanding Fraternity President Award - Aris Kaleps-Clark, Delta Lambda Phi
- Outstanding Sorority President Award - Ashley Hoover, Alpha Omicron Pi
- Outstanding Greek Woman Award - Stepfanie Baddour, Pi Beta Phi
- Outstanding Greek Man Award - Eddie Hackler, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Bronze Chapter Excellence Award - Alpha Chi Omega & Kappa Delta
Important Dates :
- February 12 Black Issues Conference, BTSU Ballroom
- February 18-20 Winterfest (City of Bowling Green
- February 19 Leadership Academy , 10am - 4pm, Olscamp Hall
- February 21 Presidents’ Day Open House
- February 24 Multicultural Professional Series, 12:30 pm, 201 BTSU
- February 27-3/1 CSP I-Days