Involuntary Loss of Insurance Coverage
If you experience an involuntary loss of insurance coverage, you have 30 days to enroll in the BGSU-offered Student Insurance Plan and prevent a break in coverage.
Examples of involuntary loss of insurance include, but are not limited to:
- Reaching an age where you are no longer eligible for benefits under a parent/guardian's plan
- Divorce, marriage or death of your parent/guardian or spouse
- Loss of employment or change in employer benefit eligibility
What we will need from you...
- Enrollment application which are available in the Student Insurance Office or by email request.
- Letter of creditable coverage from former insurance carrier stating the date coverage was lost.
- Make payment via Visa, Master Card, personal check or money order made payable to United HealthCare. This will be a pro-rated amount determined by the date on the letter of creditable coverage.
**You must be registered for at least 5 credit hours to be eligible for the BGSU-offered Student Insurance Policy.
Please visit the Student Insurance Office for an enrollment application or for more information.
Student Insurance Office
Room 170 Health Center Building
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0147