What is BG Spirit?
What does BG spirit mean to you? Show us in an original video and have your winning video revealed during the Falcon Friday event on April 26 at noon in the Falcon's Nest! The Division of Student Affairs is inviting teams of up to four students to create a short video that answers the question, "What is BG spirit?"
The winning team will also receive:
- video featured during the Football Home Opener on August 29, 2013
- passes to the Division of Student Affairs Field Suite during the Football Home Opener
- a meet and greet with BGSU President, Dr. Mazey
- BG Prize Packs
- a personal photo shoot with Freddie and Frieda Falcon
Videos must be submitted by April 11, 2013, at 5 p.m. using WeTransfer. Students, faculty, staff, and community members will be invited to view the videos and vote for their favorite Monday, April 15 - Wednesday, April 24. Email Anne Marie King, Coordinator of Spirit Programs, with additional questions.
1. Individuals or teams of up to four people must be currently enrolled BGSU students.
2. Each video must be no longer than 60 seconds.
3. Technical Requirements: Videos must be AT LEAST 1280x720 resolution, lower resolution videos will be disqualified.
4. Videos must contain only original material. Submissions cannot contain copyrighted music or images. You must have a completed talent release form (download here) for every participant that appears in your project. If your project contains original music or artwork you must have a materials release form (download here). You will collect and keep these forms, and submit your application form (download here) where you will indicate that you have these release forms completed.
6. Copyright clear music is available for use in this type of project from the OMNI music library available through WBGU-TV at music.wbgu.org (available on-campus only). If music from this library is incorporated in your video, please indicate the downloaded filename on your application.
7. At least one University landmark must be included.
8. All entries must be submitted prior to 5 p.m. on April 11, 2013.
9. Bowling Green State University will retain all reproduction and distribution rights to submitted video with credit given to the artist. BGSU agrees not to sell the video or any reproduction of the video. Artists agree to assign all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the video to BGSU. Entries must be an original concept and constitute an original work and must not infringe on the protected rights of other artists or violate any applicable copyright laws.
10. The winning video will be selected by public vote and adherence to the contest rules. The committee reserves the right to disqualify any submission that does not meet the guidelines of this contest.
11. The winners will be revealed at the Falcon Friday event on April 26, at noon in the Falcon's Nest.