Summer Team Leader Job Description
Office of Residence Life
Updated February 2013
Purpose of the Position:
The Office of Residence Life employs undergraduate students to serve as Team Leaders during the summer months (May 6, 2013 – August 19, 2013). This position is a representative of Bowling Green State University and the Office of Residence Life. The Team Leader serves as part of the leadership team for summer conferences. This position will assist in managing the housing assignments, check-in and out for conferences. The Team Leader is one of the primary contacts to conference guest, and has the responsibility to provide strong customer service, while upholding the University’s standard and polices. The Team Leader is seen as the face of the University during the summer months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The following is a list of typical responsibilities, but this is not an exhausted list:
- Provide the highest level of customer service and ethical decision making
- Serve as an ambassador/recruiter for Bowling Green State University
- Train conference team on operations, policies, and procedures
- Assist with and help oversee the day-to-day operations of a conference housed in a residence hall (i.e. administrative duties, scheduling the front desk, etc.)
- Assist with on-call responsibilities
- Schedule and manage check-in and check-out of conferences
- Assist with organizing and run staff meetings
- Prepare buildings for conference usage
- Close down buildings at the end of the summer conference season
- Communicate polices/procedures to conference guests
- Ensure maintenance concerns and emergency situations are reported and handled
- Review logs and house books
- Assist custodial team with building inspections from conference to conference
- Attend mandatory training sessions and staff meetings
- Assist with and work Early Arrival check in during fall semester
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. lifting, carrying/moving luggage, boxes, etc.)
Candidates must demonstrate academic proficiency (minimum of 2.5 cum GPA), be in good judicial standing at the time of application and throughout the term of employment. Strong customer service, communication, and campus involvement is highly sought. Preference will go to students who currently live on campus, and plan to return to campus for the next year. In addition, preference will be given to students who have experience with summer conferences.
This position is an hourly position of approximately 28 hours per week for $3,500 (approximately $8.30 per hour). During peak times, Team Leaders will work additional hours. Team Leaders also will receive a room for the summer, as Team Leaders are required to live on campus during the summer months.
To apply for this position, please fill out the application located at https://reslife.bgsu.edu/forms/summer-staff.php by March 15, 2013 at 5 p.m. Late applications will NOT be accepted. After applications are received they will be reviewed and interviews offered to select candidates.