Room Change Request Process
Room Change Process Spring 2014:
- Students can request a room change beginning on Monday, December 2nd at 9:00 a.m. The online form is accessible through the MyBGSU portal under "My Room and Meals" then "My Room Change".
- Students should ensure that their Financial Aid will cover any additional charges for room changes into buildings that cost more.
- Students will be moving during Finals Week, December 16-20.
- Centennial and Falcon Heights moves: Students interested in moving out of Centennial or Falcon Heights need to find a substitute from a different building to fill their space. Students may not move into another residence hall until a substitute is established.
Room Change Steps:
Step 1: Contact the front desk of desired building to find out availability of rooms, including Centennial and Falcon Heights.
Step 2: Complete the room change request form online found under the MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" (only available 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday).
Step 3: Central Office reviews the room change request and the student will be notified via email of approval or denial of request by December 12. If approved, each hall staff member (Hall Director, Graduate Hall Director, and Student Desk Manager/SDM) will be notified of the room change. The new roommate, if applicable, will also be notified via email.
Step 4: If you are approved to move into a new assignment for spring semester, you can begin moving the week of December 16-20, 2013. All moves must be completed prior to Saturday, December 21, 2013 by 9:00 a.m. If you cannot get into your new assignment for Spring (because the current student has not left yet), you have several options:
- Wait until the student moves out then move into your new room, prior to Saturday, December 21 at 9:00 a.m.;
- Ask the student in the current room if they can store your items in the room;
- Ask a friend to store your items in their room/apartment; or
- Take all of your items home and bring them back after break.
To find out your new roommate's information and to make arrangements to move, please visit or call the front desk of your new assignment. They will be able to give you the student's name and email.
Please make arrangements to check out of your current fall assignment by 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 21, 2013 or you will receive an email letting you know that your new assignment was cancelled.
NOTE: For room swaps, each student who is moving needs to fill out a room change request form. Requests will be denied if a request is not received from both students.
Contact The Office of Residence Life at 419-372-2011 or email@example.com.