Room Change Request Process
Room Changes for Spring Semester
1. Contact the front desk of desired building to find out availability of rooms, including Centennial and Falcon Heights.
2. Complete the room change request form online found under the MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" (only available during business hours 8-4:30, Monday through Friday). For weekend moves, the form has to be submitted by Thursday at 4:30 p.m. so hall staff has time to process the necessary paperwork for a move on Friday.
3. Central Office reviews the room change request and the student will be notified via email of approval or denial of request. If approved, each hall staff member (Hall Director, Graduate Hall Director, and SAA) will be notified of the room change. The new roommate, if applicable, will also be notified via email.
4. Once the student is approved, the move must be completed by midnight on the requested date. Please print your approval email and bring it with you to the front desk of the hall into which you are moving.
NOTES FOR ROOM CHANGES:
• Students can request a room change beginning on Wednesday, January 16 at 9:00 a.m. The online form is accessible through your MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" account and selecting "My Room Change."
• Students should ensure that their Financial Aid will cover any additional charges for room changes into buildings that cost more.
• Students can request to move up to one week (7 days) prior to the requested moving date.
• For room swaps, each student who is moving needs to fill out a room change request form. Requests will be denied if a request is not received by both students.
• Centennial and Falcon Heights moves: Students interested in moving out of Centennial or Falcon Heights need to find a substitute from a different building to fill their space. Students may not move into another residence hall until a substitute is established.
Contact The Office of Residence Life at 419-372-2011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.