APPEALS REQUESTING RELEASE FROM THE HOUSING AND DINING AGREEMENT
- Click here for general information regarding requests due to Personal, Financial or Medical Appeals.
- All students must submit the initial form to request an appeal regardless of the type of appeal.
- After the initial form is submitted, students will receive an email to their BGSU email account with directions on how to complete the appeal. Documentation must be submitted per the directions in the email for the appeal to be completed. (Documentation for Personal Appeals goes to the Office of Residence Life, Financial Appeals go to the Student Financial Aid Office and Medical Appeals go to the Office of Disability Services.)
- Once the completed documentation is submitted, students will receive email notification with the decision. Decisions may take up to 4 weeks, so please plan accordingly when submitting the appeal.
- If the appeal is denied, students have the option to appeal the denial to the Housing Appeals Board. To appeal to the board, please complete the Housing Appeals Board Form (only for those who have received a denied housing appeal) and return it to the Office of Residence Life.
Bowling Green State University policy states that a student shall live on campus unless*:
- The student will be 23 years of age as of August 26, 2013;
- The student will complete four semesters of on-campus residency as of August 26, 2013;
- The student will attain junior level status as of August 26, 2013 (60 credit hours and above);
- The student will be commuting daily from the permanent home of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 50-mile radius of BGSU;
- The student is married (proof of marriage required);
- The student is a parent with custodial care responsibilities (proof of custodial care required);
- The student will fulfill one of the requirements to be considered an independent student
(as determined by the Office of Financial Aid) as of August 26, 2013;
- The student will complete 30 months of consecutive military service as of August 26, 2013.
If you fulfill any of the requirements above and feel you are exempt from this housing policy, you must complete the Residency Verification Form found in your MyBGSU “My Room and Meals” account, and provide the supporting documentation to our office. All forms must be completed, with documentation submitted, by June 1, 2013.
If you do not fall within the exceptions listed above, you are required to sign up for on-campus housing. Please sign up for housing through your MyBGSU “My Room and Meals” account by June 1, 2013.. If you do not notify us of your exemption eligibility, housing charges will be applied to your student bill distributed on July 1, 2013 and you will be responsible for the full cost of living on campus for fall 2013, including room and meal plan charges for the semester.
Meeting special needs - If you are physically challenged and/or have special medical needs, you may request specialized accommodations. Please complete and follow instructions on the specialized accommodations form to receive full consideration.
Questions may be directed to the Office of Residence Life at 419-372-2011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.