Housing Sign-Up for Current Students
Need help signing up for on-campus housing?
Did you receive a letter with housing information for next year? You can review it here.
This year, the housing sign-up process will have three main steps:
STEP 1: Now - February 6
Students must log in to their MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" account to register for housing, make the initial $200.00 housing payment and complete the lifestyle questionnaire or select specific roommates. Students may sign up anytime during this period, as no priority is given to students who register or pay first. Housing Sign-up Instructions for Returning Students (Step 1)
STEP 2: February 7 - 8
Students who completed Step 1 by February 6 will receive notification from the Office of Residence Life of the specific date and time that they will be able to begin accessing the housing system to choose a room on campus. Sign-up dates and times will be assigned based on accumulated credit hours.
STEP 3: February 11 - 15
Students must log back in to their MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" account (beginning on the given date and time given) to choose a room and meal plan for themselves and/or their roommate group.
Students who were pulled into rooms or suites as roommates must log back in to their MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" account as well, as a 4th step, to confirm the room that was chosen for them and select a meal plan.
NOTE: The date and time signify when students can begin accessing the housing system but not an end time. All students who registered for housing in Step 1 must choose their room by February 6.
*After February 20, 2013, any current student can access the housing system at anytime and complete the sign-up process in one visit.
- Returning Student Room Selection - How to get registered and make your initial $200 housing payment
- Creating and Joining a Roommate Group
- Room Selection and Meal Plan - How to verify, or confirm, the group and assign rooms to each roommate/suitemates
FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
- Where should I live?
- Where can I get assistance if my BGSU user name and password do not work?
- I want to be in a Learning or Theme Community, but the residence hall that houses the Learning or Theme Community does not appear for me as a selection in my housing options.
- Can I change my roommate?
- Can I change my assignment after I am assigned to a room?
- I have decided not to attend BGSU. How do I get my initial $200 payment back? What is the refund policy?
- When will I know my housing assignment?
- Can I see my room?
- When can I move in?
- When is my full payment due for fall 2013?
- I need/qualify for financial assistance to cover my initial $200 housing payment. What do I do?
- Are there single rooms available on campus?
Where should I live?
Current students can visit our Housing Options page for information and floor plans for each of our residence halls.
Where can I get assistance if my BGSU user name and password do not work?
Technology Support Center (TSC) can reset your password if it is not working or you have forgotten it. For assistance, contact TSC at 419-372-0999. Have your University ID # available when calling.
I want to be in a Learning or Theme Community, but the residence hall that houses the Learning or Theme Community does not appear for me as a selection in my housing options.
Current Students in a community: Contact the Director of your specific community. Some communities restrict returning student enrollment.
Current Students not in a community:
1. You may not have properly enrolled in the community. To do so, visit the Residential Learning Communities webpage and click on the community you want to enroll in.
2. If you have enrolled successfully, your community leader may not have approved your admittance yet into the community. You may need to contact the community leader to ensure this step has been completed. They will then contact us and your housing selections options will be updated.
Can I change my roommate?
If you would like to request a change after you are assigned, email email@example.com with your reasoning and depending on availability, a determination will be made. If the change is granted, Residence Life will make the change in the system manually. If you requested a specific roommate, your roommate requested will also need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to make a mutual request.
Can I change my assignment after I am assigned to a room?
Current students can cancel their room online throughout the summer. After moving in, assignments will not be changed until after the two week freeze period at the beginning of the semester has passed. Room assignments can not be changed.
I have decided not to attend BGSU. How do I get my initial $200 payment back? What is the refund policy?
You must contact the Office of Residence life, 419-372-2011 or email@example.com, prior to May 1, 2013 to receive your full $200 refund.
Returning students : You will be able to view the assignment you selected within 48 hours of completing of the process.
Can I see my room?
You are not able to access your assigned room prior to Move-In 2013, as your room is home to another student during the current school year and buildings are closed throughout the summers for cleaning, upgrades and repairs.
When can I move in?
You will receive additional information about your assigned move in time in mid-July. Move-In 2013 weekend will be August 23- 25. Returning students will arrive on Sunday, August 25 unless otherwise instructed.
When is my full payment due for fall 2013?
Student e-bills will be generated July 1, 2013 with a due date of July 15, 2013. Failure to make financial arrangements prior to Move-In will result in your inability to move into your residence hall and your classes will be dropped.
I need/qualify for financial assistance to cover my initial $200 housing payment. What do I do?
All Athletes: New and returning BGSU athletes should contact Student Financial Aid at 419-372-2651 to discuss financial arrangements for housing payments.
Returning students : Current BGSU students should contact the Student Financial Aid office to request assistance or a payment deferral for housing payments.
Please do not contact the Office of Residence Life.