Sign-Up Instructions for New Students
Need help signing up for on-campus housing?
New Incoming Students
Need Help? Look here:
Housing Preference Instructions
*Video shows 2012-13 example but is the correct process for 2014-15.
FAQ's - Frequently Asked Questions
- Where should I live?
- Where can I get assistance if my BGSU user name and password do not work?
- I want to be in a Learning or Theme Community, but the residence hall that houses the Learning or Theme Community does not appear for me as a selection in my housing options.
- Can I change my roommate?
- Can I change my assignment after I am assigned to a room?
- I have decided not to attend BGSU. How do I get my initial $200 payment back? What is the refund policy?
- When will I know my housing assignment?
- Can I see my room?
- When can I move in?
- When is my full payment due for fall 2013?
- I need/qualify for financial assistance to cover my initial $200 housing payment. What do I do?
- Are there single rooms available on campus?
Where should I live?
Students can review the Guide to Student Housing booklet or visit our Housing Options page for information on residence halls and choosing the hall that best fits your needs.
Where can I get assistance if my BGSU user name and password do not work?
Technology Support Center (TSC) can reset your password if it is not working or you have forgotten it. For assistance, contact TSC at 419-372-0999. Have your University ID # available when calling.
*You will need to have created your BGSU user name and password at least 24 hours prior to submitting your housing preferences. You can create your user name now.
1. You may not have properly enrolled in the community. To do so, visit the Residential Learning Communities website and click on the community you want to enroll in.
2. If you have enrolled successfully, your community leader may not have approved your admittance yet into the community. You may need to contact the community leader to ensure this step has been completed. They will then contact us and your housing selections options will be updated. You may also contact us if you continue to have any issues.
Can I change my roommate?
As an incoming freshman or transfer student, you can change your roommate preferences request online as often as you like until you are assigned.
If you would like to request a change after you are assigned, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your reasoning and depending on availability, a determination will be made. If the change is granted, Residence Life will make the change in the system manually. If you requested a specific roommate, your roommate requested will also need to email email@example.com to make a mutual request, as will the other initially assigned roommates that will be affected by the move.
I have decided not to attend BGSU. How do I get my initial $200 payment back? What is the refund policy?
You must contact the Office of Residence Life directly at 419-372-2011 or firstname.lastname@example.org prior to June 1, 2014 to receive your full $200 refund. After this date, you must still contact our office to cancel your housing.
Incoming students will preference their room selections during the sign-up process and will be able to view their assignment summer 2014 by accessing their MyBGSU "My Room and Meals" and selecting the "Application" tab at the top of the page. (Residence Life reserves the final decision on room selections.)
Can I see my room?
You are not able to access your assigned room prior to Move-In 20143, as your room is home to another student during the current school year and buildings are closed throughout the summers for cleaning, upgrades and repairs. During orientation and registration (SAOR), you may have a chance to see a room that is similar to the one in which you will be residing.
Visit our Housing Options page for information and floor plans for each of our residence halls.
When is my full payment due for fall 2014?
Student e-bills will be generated July 1, 2014 with a due date of July 15, 2014. Failure to make financial arrangements by August 15, 2014 will result in your inability to move into your residence hall and your classes being cancelled.
I need/qualify for financial assistance to cover my initial $200 housing payment. What do I do?
All Athletes: New and returning BGSU athletes should contact Student Financial Aid at 419-372-2651 to discuss financial arrangements.
New students : New freshmen and transfer students who can prove financial support is needed should contact the Office of Admissions to request assistance.
Are there single rooms available on campus?
A limited number of designed singles are available. First-year student singles are offered in Offenhauer and Centennial Hall. Availability varies each semester.