Department of Recreation and Wellness
Wellness Connection - WellAware
WellAware is BGSU’s faculty and staff health and wellness program. Possible as a result of a generous grant from Medical Mutual, activities are supported and administered by the Department of Recreation and Wellness, the Office of Human Resources, and the Division of Student Affairs.
Faculty and Staff: Register for Programs
WellAware program registration has moved online! Visit the Program Registration form to sign up for upcoming classes and events.
Promoting employee wellness through coordinated campus efforts on wellness and health education, programs, and health screenings at BGSU.
Congratulations Karyn Smith at the BHAC Summit!
The Building Healthy Academic Communities National Summit took place on April 22-23 at Ohio State University. Professional organizations and academic representatives from 90 universities and colleges across the country interested in improving health and wellness in academic communities were welcomed to participate. These representatives worked together to stimulate solutions and the sharing of best practices to promote population health and wellness at our nation’s institutions of higher education.
BGSU would like to congratulate Karyn Smith, in collaboration with Daria Blachowski-Dreyer, Dining and Chris Haar, Family & Consumer Sciences, for receiving 2nd place for their Eat Right For Life poster and presentation. Good job team!
Congratulations TEAM BGSU for completing the Summer Olympics! Together as a team we have traveled 14,213 miles. Great work! If the average person burns 100 calories per mile, we have shed over 406 pounds as a university! Enjoy the stats below and the Facebook photo album reachable through the link to the right.
- Gold Medal Winners:
- Cones with Sprinkles with 1,598 miles
- Midnight Ninjas with 1,515 miles
- Bleeding Blue 72 with 1,325 miles
- Jerome Warriors with 1,060 miles
- Silver Medal Winners:
- Falcon Fanatics with 954 miles
- Sole Sistas with 879 miles
- Admissions Olympians with 736 miles
- Movers and Shakers with 677 miles
- For Red Divas with 632 miles
- College Park Roadrunners with 625 miles
- Bronze Medal Winners:
- falconfitnessfans with 574 miles
- HrHappyHoofers with 513 miles
- Writer's Walk with 481 miles
- Three Men and a Lady with 411 miles
- SASsy Girls with 410 miles
- Runaway Thadsters with 381 miles
- ITStrutters with 323 miles
- CES with 316 miles
- The Misfits with 301 miles
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's Team Walking Challenge.
Mail: 214 Student Recreation Center
1411 Ridge Road
Bowling Green, OH 43403