Department of Recreation and Wellness
Sexual Health Links
Sexual Health - Get Tested Now for HIV
Schedule a Free Appointment
This testing service, offered on the BGSU campus, is completely free and confidential. Call the Wellness Connection at 419-372-9355 to schedule an appointment for a Rapid HIV Test.
A real name is not needed when making the appointment. Free and confidential testing services are also available at other external testing sites throughout NW Ohio.
- Summer 2013: Every other Friday from May 3 - July 26; 9:30 AM - 1:00 PM
REMEMBER to bring a photo ID to the appointment
What To Expect
Upon arriving at the Student Recreation Center:
- If you are a current BGSU student have your ID card swiped at the front desk as you would normally to enter the Student Recreation Center. If you are not a BGSU student, tell the person at the Front Desk that you have an appointment with the Wellness Connection.
- Take the stairs to the left of the Front Desk and the Climbing Wall down to the basement.
- At the bottom of the stairs, turn left and enter the double doors into the Administrative Offices and Mini Well.
- Someone inside can assist you from there.
Once in the testing room expect to:
- Show a valid photo ID
- Fill out paperwork
- Sign a few forms - Remember that the testing is CONFIDENTIAL, not anonymous, so a real name is associated with your paperwork and test results
- Receive the test: A simple cheek swab, no blood necessary.
- Talk about what brought you in for a test today (i.e., what could be putting you at risk for HIV)
- Talk about a “plan of action” to help reduce the risk for HIV in the future
- At the end of the session, receive a result
- Receive referrals to other agencies/providers, if necessary
- Ask any questions or concerns about HIV
- Fill out the evaluation form