Department of Recreation and Wellness
Ice Arena - Policies
- Participation in any area of the Ice Arena is at the user’s own risk.
- The University cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not bring valuables into the Ice Arena. All lost personal belongings can be reported to the Newlove Pro Shop Staff. Report theft to BGSU Police.
- No animals are permitted in the facility except for licensed guide/medical dogs, etc.
- Smoking and/or the use of smokeless tobacco is not permitted in the Ice Arena.
- With the exception of the Ice Arena Lounge, possession/consumption of alcoholic beverages is not allowed anywhere in the facility.
- Use of abusive and/or profane language is offensive. The Ice Arena Staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to the facility, or instruct individuals to leave the facility for such behavior.
- All dressing and undressing must be done in the team’s designated locker rooms. No changing may be done in the lobby, matted area, etc.
- With the exception of water (in a shatter proof container) food and beverages are prohibited on all ice surfaces.
- Additional Ice Arena Figure Skating Rules and Regulations are posted on the bulletin board outside of the Newlove Pro Shop.
- Floor hockey is not permitted in the building.
- Balls and other objects may not be batted, thrown, hit, or kicked against or at walls, doors, windows, lights, etc. at any time.
- No rollerblades, skateboards, heeleys, etc. may be used in the facility.
- Running is not permitted in the facility.
- The Press Box is off limits to anyone who does not have permission from Ice Arena Staff.
- The Ice Arena and its staff abide by and support the USA Hockey Zero Tolerance policy for aggression and violence. Inappropriate and destructive behavior of spectators, players, officials and team officials are not tolerated. Violators are asked to leave the premises.
- A key exchange is required to gain access to locker rooms and storage rooms.
- Signs/banners and bulletin board postings must be approved by Ice Arena Director.
- Equipment and/or furniture, including tables and chairs, cannot be moved into the Ice Arena without prior approval from the Ice Arena Director. Use of the fireplace involves an additional cost and all fires are built by Ice Arena Staff only.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served in the Lounge with the following stipulations: advance approval from the Ice Arena Director, consumption and possession of alcoholic beverages is restricted to the Lounge, liquor laws of the State of Ohio, the city of Bowling Green, and Bowling Green State University are in effect at all times, alcoholic beverages may be served but may not be sold, and the contracting agent is responsible for the removal of intoxicated and/or disorderly persons.
- Public Skating patrons must obey Skate Guards and posted rules. Skaters must pay at the Skate Shop and receive an admittance sticker before entering the ice. Carrying children, sitting on the boards, playing tag, etc. is not permitted.
Click HERE for the BGSU Ice Arena Refund/Return Policy
Administrative staff members may make exceptions to these rules. Submit grievances in writing to the BGSU Ice Arena Advisory Board.