Department of Recreation and Wellness
Student Recreation Center - Policies
These rules are not meant to be all-inclusive, so others may also apply.
1. Participation in any area of the SRC is at the user’s own risk.
2. To enter and exit the SRC facility, please use the front doors only. Other exits should only be used in case of an emergency.
3. After purchasing a membership, members may obtain a parking pass at the SRC Front Desk or take the receipt of payment to University Parking Services. Member parking areas are the Ice Arena and Music Building lots (Lots 10 & 16).
4. All individuals entering the SRC for usage are required to be members of Recreation and Wellness, eligible guests or rental groups. Appropriate photo ID’s for students, members, and guests are required to be shown upon entrance. No animals are permitted in the facility except for licensed guide/medical dogs, etc.
5. To gain entrance into the facilities without a valid ID card, members are allowed to enter under the “Courtesy Pass” option one time per semester. Users who forget their ID after the “Courtesy Pass” has been used may purchase a guest pass for $7 once their identification has been verified. Day passes are available to anyone 18 years of age or older with a photo ID. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult and purchase a guest pass. Children 16 to 17 can use facility without an adult with the purchase of a Try-Teen membership. Other supervision restrictions may apply. Children 4 years and older entering the general locker rooms must use locker room of their gender. The SRC does have family locker rooms that are available as well. Please ask staff if you have questions about the location or age restrictions.
6. Food/beverage items may be purchased at vending locations and within the Pro Shop.
7. The following are prohibited: martial arts weapons and/or sparring (boxing, martial arts, wresting/grappling), floor hockey, in-line hockey, smoking, smokeless tobacco, and alcoholic beverages.
8. Recreation and Wellness offers a wide variety of programs for a minimal fee; group exercise passes, personal training, Schools’ Out Camp, Spring Break Kids Camp, Summer Kids Camp, Swimming Lessons (group & private), and climbing wall passes. Please inquire at the Front Desk for more information regarding programming options.
9. Signs/banners are not permitted anywhere in the SRC without staff approval.
10. The use of personal televisions, stereos, and radio systems by patrons is prohibited (except when used with headphones) or unless approval is granted by the professional staff.
11. The use of recording devices (still cameras, video cameras, etc.) is prohibited in the SRC unless previously approved. (Must be approved at the Front Desk.)
12. Cell phones are prohibited in locker rooms. Cell phones are allowed in other areas unless deemed an issue of patron safety, noise, or privacy.
13. The use of abusive and/or profane language is offensive. The SRC staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to the facility, or instruct individuals to leave the facility for such behavior.
14. A limited number of day use lockers are available (day use lock and towel are not provided). Day use lockers must be emptied by closing each evening. Contents left in a day use locker overnight may be removed and a $10 service charge assessed to retrieve personal belongings. The SRC does not reimburse or replace cut locks. There is no storage of personal belongings at any SRC staffed location. Long-term locker rentals are offered in locker rooms and coin-operated lockers are available by the basketball courts for patron use. Please inquire at the Pro Shop for more information.
15. The SRC and the University cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items. Please do not bring valuables into the SRC. In case of a lost or stolen belonging, complete an Incident Report Form at the Pro Shop or SRC Front Desk. Report the incident to the Campus Police 419-372-2346.
16. For Cooper Pool and Andrews Pool/Hot Tub, swim only when lifeguard is on duty. Proper swimming attire is required at all times (no standard diapers in any pool environments, please). Diving is only permitted in deep water as marked. Food, gum, and beverages are prohibited in all pools and pool areas (water is an exception.) Reserved groups may receive written approval for food and beverages in Andrews only. Running or disruptive play is not allowed. Personal flotation devices (PFD) or small toys are not allowed in Cooper Pool. (PFD’s are permitted in Andrews Pool and can be obtained by inquiring with a lifeguard). Persons with skin diseases, infections or open sores are prohibited from using the pool. Children 7 years of age and under are required to have direct (in water) supervision. Same room supervision is required for children ages 8-13 years. No children 12 years old or under may enter the hot tub. It is strongly recommended to shower before and after entering a pool or hot tub.
17. All SRC facilities and equipment are to be used for their intended purpose. Modification of equipment and/or facilities is prohibited without staff approval. No helium balloons, confetti, glitter, masking tape on floors, “icicles” or similar materials may be used in the facility without professional staff approval.
18. No outdoor sports may be played in the SRC, including baseball, football, rugby, lacrosse, and frisbee. Indoor Soccer is an exception and is permitted in the proper area. Space is available in the Perry Field House for other outdoor sports.
19. Individuals checking out equipment are held responsible and must pay for equipment that is lost, stolen, or damaged. ID’s are not be returned until payment is arranged. To check out equipment at the SRC, users are required to present and deposit a photo ID at the Pro Shop. Equipment is for same day use only.
20. Participants are encouraged to wear appropriate athletic attire such as t-shirts, warm-up suits, or gym attire. Street clothing can be dangerous and confining when exercising. Patron’s clothing is required to cover their mid-section while in the Weight Room and Mezzanine (i.e. tank tops and sleeveless shirts are allowed; jogging bras are not).
21. No day care facilities are available. Please see each area for age requirements.
22. Individuals are required to be 16 years of age to enter and utilize the Weight Room and cardio equipment located in the Mezzanine.
23. Spitting is not allowed, except in appropriate receptacles located throughout the building.
24. “Dunking” basketballs, slapping backboards or hanging on rims or nets is not permitted. Serious or repeat offenders may be asked to leave the facility and face suspension of building privileges.
25. Court reservations can be requested through the SRC Front Desk 419-372-2000, up to 24 hours in advance (a fee applies for non-SRC members--see Rentable Areas). A 10-minute courtesy hold on court reservations are enacted. After that time, the reservation is voided and the space becomes available for general recreation. Claiming a court: applies during times when the particular court/room is open and not scheduled for an activity. A “first-come, first-serve” policy applies.
26. The BGSU Student Recreation Center reserves the right to interpret Center regulations in its best interest.
Violators of any policies and procedures of the SRC (as well as rules of appropriate behavior) may be warned; however, a serious offense or repeat offenses may be cause for immediate removal.
Policy violations, malicious use or defacing the SRC property, solicitation, verbal abuse of employees or violation of other University policies are investigated by the staff per procedures established by the University Student Code of Conduct. Sanctions, such as removal from the SRC, revocation of privileges or referral to the Office of Campus Activities may be imposed. Users (students, faculty, staff, community, etc.) may also be prosecuted and/or privileges revoked.
Programming General Refund Policy
1. The standard refund processing fee is $25.00 and generally requires a two week time frame.
2. Certain programs or services may have different fees at the discretion of the area director.
3. If a refund is granted and occurs after patron has begun usage, the refund is prorated.
4. Refunds are given due to injuries or illnesses. A medical excuse may be required.
5. Refunds are given if a patron has moved from the area, documentation may be necessary.
6. If Recreation and Wellness cancels a program or course, a refund is given.
7. For refunds regarding apparel and merchandise, a receipt must be presented with the request within 30 days of the purchase. All manufacturers’ policies are honored. These are not subject to refund processing fees.
8. During inclement weather, refunds are only given if the weather is considered Level 2 or 3. No refund for Level 1 conditions.