Department of Recreation and Wellness
Kids Camp Links
Community, Youth and Family
Kids Camp Programming
- A 10% discount is awarded families for each additional child after the first child is enrolled in the camp
- BGSU employees and students are given a discount off of enrollment for the first child enrolled, and an additional 10% discount for multiple children from the same family
- Shortened week pricing applied to potentially shortened first week of Summer Kids Camp due to BG City School's calamity day. Also applied to week of July 4 holiday.
- Before/After care and Instructional Components are optional programming NOT subject to discounts
- Part time is either three full days or 5 half days. Half days are either 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM or 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM
|Regular Pricing||Full Time|
|Part Time Camper 1||Part Time|
|Optional Before/After Care||$25 flat rate for the week for each child (7:30 AM - 5:30 PM)|
|Optional Instructional Component||$25 flat rate for the week for each child|
|Short Week Pricing||Full Time|
|Part Time Camper 1||Part Time|
Camps are administered by dedicated Recreation and Wellness professionals and BGSU graduate and undergraduate students with special training in safety, human relations, and interpersonal skills with children. All staff maintain CPR for the Professional Rescuer with AED and First Aid certification and pass mandatory background screenings prior to employment.
Swim time, offered daily in the fully guarded Cooper and Andrews Pools, is free play time during which formal lessons are not conducted. Participants requiring direct water assistance must note such on the Health History Form.
- Rock Climbing*
Belay-certified instructors support campers through both the physical and psychological challenges of the BGSU Climbing Wall.
- Team Building
Group activities are designed to promote and encourage leadership development.
- Fitness and Wellness
Fun and exciting activities are specially tailored to the age and skill level of campers.
- Arts and Crafts
Creative and fine art skills are encouraged through the completion of a variety of simple and long-term projects.
Games and activities appropriate for each age group are facilitated by counselors and are focused on physical skills and friendly competition.
- Field Trips/Special Events
Activities are planned weekly throughout BGSU and Bowling Green and most trips are within walking distance; transportation is provided when needed.
Campers are taught the basic fundamentals of the game including grip, stroke, and swing. Clubs are provided, but campers may bring own set.
- Ice Skating*
The basics of balance, movement, and body carriage are introduced. Available through June.
*These activities tentatively offered as an instructional component during Summer Kids Camp at an additional cost.
What to Bring - Label All Belongings
- Wear comfortable clothing (shorts, athletic shoes, t-shirt) appropriate to the forecasted weather
- Swimsuit and towel
- Backpack (one that holds all camper’s items)
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes (accidents happen!)
- Plastic bag (for a wet swimsuit)
- Lunch (food items, drink, utensils if needed, etc.)
What Not to Bring
- Cell phone/iPod/Other electronics
- Gum or candy
- Valuable items that could be lost, stolen, or broken
If these items are brought to camp, this is an accepted risk.
Mail: Student Recreation Center
1411 Ridge Road
Bowling Green, OH 43403