Department of Recreation and Wellness
Learn to Swim - Expectations
The teacher expects students to:
- Be on time.
- Have my hair tied back (if necessary).
- Remove all objects from mouth (gum, paper, candy, rubber bands, hands, etc.).
- Have a positive attitude.
Students can expect their teacher to:
- Explain and demonstrate each skill.
- Give everyone an opportunity for practice.
- Give positive reinforcement and corrective feedback.
- Use games whenever possible to facilitate learning.
- Start and end class on time.
The teacher expects parents:
- To observe the class from the balcony.
- To observe without correction or negative comments.
- To deliver my child on time.
- To pick-up my child on time.
- To be enthusiastic about all progress (however small).
Lesson Scheduling and Cancellation Policy:
- Lessons need to be scheduled all at once. Adjustments can be made by contacting the coordinator outside of the 24-hour cancellation policy.
- Cancellations are made through the swim lesson coordinator.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Lessons can be reschedule but a refund is not issued. Refunds are only be issued for medical reasons with a doctor's note.
- If a participant does not show up for a scheduled lesson, it is forfeited.
- In case of an emergency (e.g. sudden illness, family emergency), immediately call the Swim Lesson Coordinator at 419-372-7475 during building hours.
- The lessons expire as follows:
- Fall Lesson Expiration - December 7, 2012
- Spring Lesson Expiration - April 26, 2013