Sidney A. Ribeau President's Leadership Academy
Requirements Once Selected
Scholars selected to the Sidney A. Ribeau President's Leadership Academy will have various and significant responsibilities and commitments. To retain membership it is critical the scholar remain in good standing through dedication to these obligations. Failure to maintain good standing may result in dismissal from the program and loss of the scholarship.
Prior to the First Semester
- Scholars must participate in the PLA Summer Program (early July through early August, only the summer before the first year). For additional details regarding the Summer Program, please click here .
- Scholars must pass all summer program courses
During Each Academic Year
Each PLA Scholar must participate, at a minimum, in the following required activities:
- One-on-One meetings with a member of the PLA professional staff (once a month)
- Attend monthly PLA Forum meetings (Friday's, 5:30-7:00pm)
- Cohort Meetings (every other week)
- Study Tables (two hours, three times a week during the first semester of the first year and any subsequent semester that the cumulative GPA falls below the PLA requirement)
- Attend the PLA Fall Retreat
- Attend the PLA Family Weekend Reception
- Attend the PLA Spring Banquet
- Complete community service through group and individual projects
- Participate in the PLA Service Project(s)
- Maintain membership in at least one student organization (serve in an executive board position during 3rd and 4th years)
- Enroll in and successfully pass BGSU 1000 and COMM 1020
- Earn and maintain a minimum 2.75 cumulative grade point average
- Remain in good standing with Bowling Green State University (academically and socially)
- Additional requirements exist depending upon academic year and scholarship type.
For additional information regarding the PLA Curriculum, please click here .