Office of Multicultural Affairs
Falcon Watch Initiative
In an effort to improve the social integration, persistence, retention and academic success, the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) has developed the Falcon Watch initiative designed to support your success.
The OMA Falcon Watch Initiative is open to all BGSU undergraduate students and is designed to specifically work with any student to develop strategies to make you successful as a BGSU student and future alumnus. The program is designed to fit within your busy schedule.
What is required?
While participation in the program is voluntary, if you agree to participate in this initiative, you will be asked to commit to the following:
- Three 1:1 meetings with a Multicultural Affairs staff member (Includes an Initial meeting, mid-term check-up and end of semester check-up)
- More meetings can be scheduled as needed
- Monitoring of Academic Progress through bi-weekly follow-ups
- Attendance at monthly Falcon Watch Community meetings (at least two per semester)
What are the benefits?
- Opportunity to talk 1:1 with a Multicultural Affairs staff member about your needs and concerns
- Priority access to resources available through the Learning Commons, and including access to an Academic Coach
- Success Resources through designated study space within the Office of Multicultural Affairs area as well Academic Support Workshops in partnership with other departments
- Holistic advising support for your academic success strategies and campus engagements
IMPORTANT: Falcon Watch is a requirement for all NEW recipients of the University Tuition Scholarship for Underrepresented Students. Returning Tuition Scholarship recipients are able to participate in the program.
The OMA Falcon Watch Initiative is designed to help you achieve your specific academic success, persistence, goal setting, social integration and graduation plans.
How do I participate (sign-up)?
If you are interested for Fall 2013, please sign-up via this link (please click): YES, I WANT TO SIGN-UP FOR FALCON WATCH
You will be contacted at the start of the Fall semester to schedule your initial meeting.
If you have any questions, please contact Ray Plaza, Associate Director at 419-372-2642 or at email@example.com.