Leadership Certificate Program
Jump Start on Achieving the Leadership Certificate Program Requirements
1. Attend Leadership Development Workshops
- Research leadership development workshops and training events offered across campus.
- Attend the events, take notes, and collect any resource materials offered.
- Keep record of the following: workshop title, name of presenter, workshop date, 3-5 bullet points describing the knowledge you gained from the workshop, and how you plan to apply the content in future leadership positions.
2. Get involved with Community Service opportunities
- Keep record of the following: service project title, event organizer, event date, number of hours you volunteered, and 3-5 bullet points how this project positively impacted the community.
3. Be an active member of a campus organization or student employment area
- Attend scheduled meetings, events, retreats, and training sessions.
- Become involved with organization planning committees
- Seek out active leadership and management opportunities (both formal and informal).
4. Identify a Mentor
- Identify a faculty member, organization advisor, student employment supervisor, etc. who fits your leadership or career aspirations.
- Set up initial meetings to discuss transition to college, academic success, leadership development, planning for a career in your chosen profession, etc.