Student Health Service
Women's Health Services
Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Female nurse practitioners and physicians offer a variety of services in a caring, confidential environment.
- An appointment is required. Acute problems can be seen that day.
- As with all your medical records, women's health records are confidential.
- The SHS charges for women's health visits and for the related laboratory tests and birth control services we provide (see list below). We accept all health insurance plans and will bill your health insurance company directly for all of the services, tests, and medications that your health insurance plan covers. Any co-pay, co-insurance or deductible will be applied to your student account only after the SHS has received claim confirmation from your insurance company.
- If you have concerns or questions about medically sensitive information, please discuss your concerns with your health care provider at the time you receive services. It is important for you to access the health care services you need to use when you need them and not to let these concerns interfere with your receiving the medical care or treatment you need.
Women's Health Services offer comprehensive educational and medical services for the following:
Below is a list of some of the common services that we charge for.
Routine gynecological and STI testing:
Prescription Birth Control (available at the BGSU Pharmacy):
Non-Prescription Birth Control (available at the BGSU Pharmacy):
Morning after contraception - available at the BGSU Pharmacy