Student Health Service
Welcome BGSU Graduate Students!
As your health care providers on campus we hope to assist you with any health care concerns you may have. We have physicians, nurse practitioners, psychiatrist, dietician, lab and full pharmacy. We bill all health insurances. We provide students with high quality care for illness and injury as well as information about life choices that minimize illness and injury and promote physical and emotional wellness. If you are an international graduate student, please refer to International Student Information. We encourage you to use the following checklist to aid you in your move to BGSU:
- Complete all pages of the health forms and return to the SHS before the start of classes.
- For your convenience, these forms can be turned in at the Grad Fair or fax/send to the Student Health Service (contact info below).
- Please read the Privacy Notice and sign acknowledgement of its receipt on the Health Assessment Form. This notice is required according to federal law and HIPAA.
- In case you may be living in a residence hall, Ohio law requires either a record of meningitis and hepatitis B vaccination or a refusal of the vaccine.
- All graduate students are required to have health insurance. Please find the requirements here: Student Insurance Office. If you are registered for 8 or more credit hours on the main campus and have your own health insurance, you need to waive off of the insurance offered by the University. You will find this information through the MyBGSU web portal. Select the link on the left titled "Student Insurance Requirement."
- Please carry a copy of your insurance card at all times.
- Create a first aid kit complete with thermometer, bandaids, pain reliever, ice pack, and other supplies you may need in case of emergency.
NOTE: In case you may be living in a residence hall, Ohio law requires either a record of meningitis and hepatitis B vaccination or a refusal of the vaccine. Please complete and sign the vaccination information in Parts E and F of the Immunization Record.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns. 419-372-2272 or email@example.com.
Contact Us :
Student Health Service
116 Health Center Building; Ridge Street
Bowling Green, OH 43403